NRA American Warrior 300
Atlanta Motor Speedway
Saturday, September 1, 2012
www.media.chrysler.com www.srtmotorsports.com www.twitter.com/teamdodge
SAM HORNISH JR. – No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Challenger Crew Chief: Chad Walter
Career Stats: Starts: 56 Wins: 1 Top Fives: 10 Top 10s: 22 Poles: 1 Laps Led: 236
2012 Season Stats: Starts: 23 Wins: 0 Top Fives: 8 Top 10s: 16 Poles: 1 Laps Led: 121
• Third in NNS championship standings, 28 points behind leader Elliott Sadler.
• Has put together a series-best 11 consecutive top-10 finishes.
• Ranks second overall among NNS regulars with 440 points on superspeedways this season.
• Scored 15th-place finish in one previous NNS start at Atlanta in 2007.
• Has completed all but two laps this season (3,981 of a possible 3,983 laps – 99.95 percent).
BRAD KESELOWSKI – No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger Crew Chief: Jeremy Bullins
Career Stats: 2 Starts: 185 Wins: 20 Top Fives: 82 Top 10s: 114 Poles: 13 Laps Led: 3,102
2012 Season Stats: Starts: 17 Wins: 3 Top Fives: 9 Top 10s: 11 Poles: 1 Laps Led: 348
• In five NNS starts at Atlanta, has a best finish of 4th in 2009 and three top 10s in last four races.
• Completed 976 of 978 total possible laps at Atlanta (99.79 percent).
DODGE QUOTES: “I like Atlanta and that there are a lot of different opportunities for places that you can run at. When you catch somebody you can run where they’re not. It’s going to be the first racetrack that we’ve been on in a while that you can start moving your line around and try to figure out different ways to get around people. The more rubber you put down, you get that porousness of the track filled in a little bit. Obviously the night race is a little bit different as far as that goes ‘cause you don’t get the sunlight on the track where it’s oiling everything up and making it greasy. It does race a little bit differently.” –Sam Hornish Jr.
DODGE ATLANTA NUMBERS
• Dodge has three top-five and 10 top-10 finishes at Atlanta.
• The best finish by a Dodge driver at Atlanta is second-place by Kasey Kahne (2006 spring).
• Kahne leads all Dodge drivers with five top-10 finishes at Atlanta, all coming in five consecutive races from 2004-2008. He was the first Dodge driver to score a top five at Atlanta, finishing third in 2004.
DODGE IN THE NASCAR NATIONWIDE SERIES
• Dodge is fielding two full-time entries in the series this year. Sam Hornish Jr. is competing for the series championship while Brad Keselowski and Ryan Blaney are sharing the driving duties in the second Penske Racing entry.
• Brad Keselowski gave Dodge and Penske Racing their first NASCAR Nationwide championship in 2010. His average finish for the season was 5.2.
• Dodge has 44 wins in the series including seven in each of the previous two seasons. The first Nationwide Series win came in 2002. Dodge had 11 wins in the series during the 2005 season.
• A Dodge has started from the pole 50 times.
• Dodge is seeking its first NNS win at Atlanta.
FROM THE CREW CHIEF “I think Atlanta is an interesting challenge. The driver has to adapt and I think that’s something Sam isn’t given enough credit for is his ability to go find a different line and not just run the bottom. You can swing it in high, drive it down low, ring around the top. It really provides some good racing.” — Chad Walter, Crew Chief, No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Challenger