Team: No. 6 AdvoCare Rehydrate Ford Fusion
Crew Chief: Matt Puccia
Twitter: @Roush6Team, @RoushFenway and @TBayne6
1000Bulbs.com 500 – Sunday, October 14 at 2 p.m. ET on NBC, MRN
Bayne at Talladega Superspeedway
· Bayne will make his 16th Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series (MENCS) start at Talladega this weekend. In 15 previous starts, Bayne has an average finish of 26th with three top-10s.
· Bayne’s best finish at the 2.66-mile superspeedway came in the 2017 fall race where he crossed the line third, one of his three top-10s dating back to 2011. He also finished eighth for The Wood Brothers in 2012, and crossed the line 10th in the 2016 spring race.
· Bayne has started in the top-10 in five of his 15 races at Talladega, with the best qualifying effort coming in 2011 where he lined up fourth. He qualified 10th in last season’s fall race, and fifth last spring.
· In four starts at Talladega in the NASCAR Xfinity Series, Bayne has recorded two top-10 finishes. Bayne earned his best finish of sixth in the spring 2011 event.
Last Time at Talladega
· Bayne lined up 21st for the spring race in April, but was collected in a multi-car crash on lap 71 to finish 38th.
Matt Puccia at Talladega Superspeedway
· Matt Puccia will call his 15th MENCS event at Talladega on Sunday. In 14 previous starts, Puccia has five top-10s and three top-fives with a best finish of second in 2014 with Greg Biffle.
· Puccia’s average finish as a crew chief at the 2.66-mile track is 18.6, and he was also atop the box for Bayne’s 10th-place result in 2016, and third-place finish last fall.
Bayne on racing at Talladega:
“Obviously any time we go to a restrictor-plate race we’re excited, given our success there. We are coming off a third-place finish at this race last fall, which proves we have good speed. Talladega is always a chaotic race, but we’re looking forward to the challenge and hopefully getting our AdvoCare Rehydrate Ford Fusion up front on Sunday.”
Matt Kenseth battled a tight-handling car and couldn’t recover, crossing the line 20th at Dover International Speedway last weekend.
On the Car
Bayne will once again run the colors of AdvoCare Rehydrate this weekend, a scheme that promotes AdvoCare’s electrolyte drink that Bayne and the No. 6 team use each weekend at the track.
About AdvoCare Rehydrate®
AdvoCare Rehydrate® electrolyte drink mix features vitamins, minerals and amino acids designed to promote optimal hydration and recovery. A blend of electrolytes, including a 1:1 ratio of sodium to potassium, work to re-establish your electrolyte balance, while sequential carbohydrates help to maintain proper metabolism and give your body the fuel it needs to perform at its best. Shop and learn more about the products and opportunity at advocare.com.