Team: No. 6 Wyndham Rewards Ford Mustang
Crew Chief: Scott Graves
Twitter: @Roush6Team, @RoushFenway and @RyanJNewman
O’Reilly Auto Parts 500 – Sunday, March 31 at 3 p.m. ET on FOX, PRN, SiriusXM Channel 90
Newman at Texas Motor Speedway
· Newman will make his 32nd start at Texas on Sunday. In 31 prior races Newman has one win with three top-five and six top-10 finishes and an average finish of 18.9.
· Newman went to victory lane in just his second Cup race ever at the 1.5-mile track back in 2003, leading 77 laps after starting third.
· He also crossed the line fifth in the 2007 fall race and fourth in the following event (spring 2008). His most recent top-10 came in the 2016 fall event where he finished 10th.
· Newman has two career Cup poles at Texas, both of which came in 2005 when he swept the pole spot that season. Overall he has an average starting spot of 16.4 with his most recent top-10 start coming in 2017 (ninth).
· Newman also has three starts in the Xfinity Series at TMS, where he led the field to green in 2005 and recorded a top finish of 14th in 2001.
Scott Graves at Texas Motor Speedway
· Graves will be atop the box for his sixth MENCS race at Texas on Sunday. In five prior starts with Ricky Stenhouse, Jr. and Daniel Suarez, Graves has an average finish of 23.6.
· He led Suarez to a 14th-place result in 2017 and also finished 16th with Stenhouse in 2013. He also has two top-10 starts at the 1.5-mile track, including ninth in 2013 and sixth in 2017.
· Graves also has two top-10s and one top-five in the Xfinity Series at Texas, finishing fifth with Suarez in 2016 and ninth with Buescher in 2015.
Newman on racing at Texas:
“Texas is always a fun track to go to and one that has been good to me in my career. We’re working hard to get back on track and continue improving in the weeks to come. We’re looking forward to the weekend with Wyndham Rewards and also the La Quinta® brand on board as well.”
On the Car
Wyndham Rewards, the award-winning hotel loyalty program, is back on the No. 6 for 2019. Coming next week, Wyndham Rewards will be more rewarding than ever. Free nights faster. More ways to earn. More ways to redeem. Learn more at wyndhamrewards.com/comingsoon.
· La Quinta is joining Wyndham Rewards on April 3rd! That means Wyndham Rewards members will have 900+ new places to earn and redeem points. La Quinta will be featured on the No. 6 Wyndham Rewards Ford Mustang this weekend on the TV panel.