Johanna Long, No. 70 Biomet / Foretravel Motorcoach Chevrolet Impala Talladega Superspeedway Preview
By Official Release On Wed, May. 02, 2012
NASCAR Nationwide Series: 8 of 33
Track: Talladega Superspeedway
Date: May 5, 2012
– Johanna Long and the ML Motorsports team will return to racing action on Saturday, May 5 for the Aaron’s 312 at Talladega Superspeedway. The NASCAR Nationwide Series event will be aired live on ABC with race coverage beginning at 3:00 pm EST. Fans can also listen live on MRN Radio as well as Sirius Satellite Radio, channel 90.
- Talladega Superspeedway – 19-year-old Long will make her second start at the 2.66-mile track of Talladega Superspeedway. Her first start took place last season in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Serieswhere she registered a 16th-place finish.
- Johanna on Talladega – “Since racing at Daytona back in February, I’ve really started to take a liking to superspeedway racing and am anxious to get back on track at Talladega. I don’t have a tremendous amount of experience at superspeedways, but I learned a lot at Daytona so hopefully it will carry over to this Saturday. The ML Motorsports team has been working hard at the shop to prepare fast cars and its showing. We are continuously improving each week, and that’s exactly what we intend to do at Talladega.”
- The No. 70 Biomet / Foretravel Motorcoach Chevrolet - The No. 70 Biomet/Foretravel Motorcoach Chevrolet team will bring chassis ML-58 to Saturday’s event. Chassis ML-58 was last raced on February 25 at Daytona International Speedway where Long finished in the 21st position.
Last Race Recap – Long and the ML Motorsports team had a strong showing last Friday at Richmond International Raceway. The Rookie driver had no prior starts at Richmond and was able to quickly adapt to the track while wheeling the No. 70 Biomet/Foretravel Motorcoach Chevrolet to a solid top-20 finish.
- Race Week Appearances – Long will be participating in several appearances at Talladega. She will be attending the NASCAR Nationwide Series autograph session on Friday, May 4 from 1:30-2:30 pm behind the south grandstand. She will also be participating in a Q&A session with several Girl Scouts on Saturday, May 5 from 11:30-11:45 pm; location TBA.
- Keep up with Johanna – To keep up with Johanna and the No.70 ML Motorsports team, visit her newly launched website at www.johannalong.com or her Facebook page athttp://www.facebook.com/OfficialJohannaLong.
About Johanna Long –
Johanna Long, the youngest female to race in the NASCAR nationwide Series, pilots the No. 70 Biomet/Foretravel Motor Coach Chevrolet for ML Motorsports. The 19-year-old began racing go-karts at the age of eight quickly moving to Legends and then to Late Models. She made history becoming the youngestdriver and only female to win a track championship at Five Flags Speedway. She went on to win the prestigiousSnowball Derby in 2010. In 2011, Long drove for her family-owned team Panhandle Motorsports accumulating 23 starts.
About ML Motorsports -
Driven by the idea of building a successful race team that would stick to its roots and operate out of Warsaw, Indiana, Mary Louise Miller founded ML Motorsports in 1998. During the first seven years of the team’s existence, ML Motorsports competed in the ARCA RE/MAX Series, where they finished in the top 10 in points for five straight seasons. In 2005, ML Motorsports advanced to the then NASCAR Busch Series. With the endless commitment and support from Miller, along with the hard work and dedication from its team members, ML Motorsports quickly became contenders in NASCAR’s elite series.