Kurt Busch Suspended and Probation Extended

By SM Staff On Mon, Jun. 04, 2012

[media-credit id=26 align=”alignright” width=”225″][/media-credit]Charlotte, NC- Monday afternoon, Marty Smith of ESPN broke the news on Twitter announcing that NASCAR has suspended Kurt Busch, the driver of the No. 51 for Phoenix Racing and cannot compete or participate in any NASCAR events at Pocono.

Busch was placed on probation last month for an incident involving Ryan Newman’s team at Darlington. Saturday, Busch raced the No. 54 car for his brother in the Nationwide Series and after his 4th place finish he was asked about his probation by Sporting News reporter, Bob Pockrass and according to NASCAR, he verbally abused a member of the media by saying “It refrains me from not beating the s— out of you right now because you ask me stupid questions. But since I’m on probation, I suppose that’s improper to say as well,” and having actions harmful to stock car racing.

“I accept NASCAR’s decision. I put them in a box, they had to take action, and it’s my fault for putting them in this position. I apologize for the comments I made to Bob Pockrass.” Busch said.

Busch’s probation was to end in July but NASCAR has extended his probation til Dec. 31st.

SM Staff (1159 Posts)


** The opinions expressed on this site are not necessarily those of the publisher. All comments other than website related problems need to be directed to the author. (c)SpeedwayMedia.com. **
Must See Video
powered by
Displaying 1 Comments
Have Your Say
  1. Jim Vanderkolk says:

    NA$CAR gets to thump their chest again. They should be suspended.

Leave a comment






Copyright © SpeedwayMedia.com. All rights reserved. - Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties.