Trevor Bayne’s Indianapolis Advance
by Official Release On Tue, Jul. 22, 2014
Trevor Bayne – Indianapolis Advance
Team: No. 6 AdvoCare Ford Mustang
Crew Chief: Chad Norris
Twitter: @Tbayne21, @RFR6PR and @RoushFenway
Bayne at Indianapolis
· Trevor Bayne makes his second NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) start at the famed Indianapolis Motor Speedway on Saturday afternoon. Bayne started third and finished 16th in this event last season.
· According to NASCAR’s loop data statistics, Bayne ranks fourth in average running position (5.7), speed late in a run (168.494) and in green flag speed (169.189) at the Brickyard. The driver of the No.6 AdvoCare Ford Mustang also ranks sixth in speed early in a run (169.867) and is tied for sixth in driver rating with a rating of 105.3.
· In 10 career starts on 2.5-mile tracks in the NNS, Bayne has recorded one top-five and four top-10 finishes, with an average finish of 18th.
· Bayne will also be piloting the No. 21 Motorcraft / Quick Lane Ford Fusion for the Wood Brothers Sunday afternoon in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (NSCS). Bayne has made three previous starts at the 2.5-mile rectangular oval in the NSCS, earning a best finish of 17th in 2012.
· Crew chief Chad Norris brings chassis RK-819 to Indianapolis Motor Speedway this weekend. This chassis previously raced at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Darlington (S.C.) Raceway and Dover (Del.) International Speedway earlier this season, earning finishes of eighth, ninth and second, respectively.
Dash 4 Cash
· Bayne is one of four NNS drivers who qualified for Nationwide Insurance’s ‘Dash 4 Cash’ at Indianapolis following last weekend’s race at Chicago. Bayne is going head-to-head against Brian Scott, Chase Elliott and Ty Dillon for the $100,000 prize that will be given to the highest finishing driver among the four following Indy.
Back Home Again In Indiana
· This weekend’s NNS race at Indianapolis Motor Speedway marks a homecoming for Truck Driver Dave Davis and Shock Specialist Lance Allen of the No.6 AdvoCare Ford Mustang. Davis is from Fort Wayne, Ind., which is located roughly two hours from Indianapolis, while Allen is from Haubstadt, Ind., which is located roughly two and a half hours away from the famed speedway.
· Bayne started the 300-mile event at Chicagoland Speedway from the 11th position and quickly began to work his way toward the front. After pitting off-sequence from the leaders just past the halfway mark, the driver of No.6 AdvoCare Ford Mustang found himself inside the top five closing in on the race lead. The off-sequence strategy paid off as Bayne was able to take over the top spot just past the three-quarter mark of the event and led for a total of 14 laps before having to come to pit road for the final round of green flag pit stops. Upon returning to the track in second, Bayne tried everything he could to close in on leader Chase Elliott, but ultimately ran out of time. Bayne was scored with a second-place finish.
Bayne on racing at Indianapolis:
“Indianapolis is such a special place. You immediately feel the history of this place and come to appreciate everything that has happened here. It’s such an amazing opportunity to race here and I am very excited to get on the track this weekend. Chad (Norris) and the guys are all fired up over our second-place finish last weekend in Chicago and I hope that this weekend we can get one spot better and kiss those bricks over there at the start/finish line. Plus, we all want to win that extra $100,000 from Nationwide Insurance’s Dash 4 Cash.”
Crew Chief Chad Norris on Chicago:
“We’re all excited to race at Indianapolis this weekend. Everyone knows the history of Indy and I feel like we’ve got an excellent opportunity to expand on that history come Saturday. All of the guys are really excited about finishing second last weekend in Chicago and I know that Trevor will give it all he has as we go for that $100,000 prize from Nationwide and their Dash 4 Cash. Hopefully, if all goes well, we’ll get to kiss some bricks too.”
No. 6 Team Roster
Name Position Hometown
Chad Norris Crew Chief Fremont, Iowa
Cody Efaw Car Chief Big Prairie, Ohio
Brian Harrison Engineer Granite Bay, Calif.
Darrell Haskins Underneath Mechanic Danville, Va.
Brendon McElligott Front End Mechanic West Newbury, Mass.
Lance Allen Shock Specialist Haubstadt, Ind.
Jimmy Ray Holder Engine Tuner Randleman, N.C.
David Roth Tire Specialist El Paso, Texas
Dave Davis Truck Driver Fort Wayne, Ind.
Rick “Bubba” Mace Back-up Truck Driver Connelly Spring, N.C.
Jason Hedlesky Spotter Clinton, Mich.
Richie Williams Jackman Camden, S.C.
Brad Sutton Rear Tire Carrier China Grove, N.C.
Kevin Richardson Front Tire Carrier Elizabethtown, N.C.
Corey Baldwin Front Tire Changer Severn, Md.
Josh Pech Gasman Mooresville, N.C.
Kale Uphoff Rear Tire Changer McFarland, Wisc.
Tyler Hudson Pit Support Lexington, N.C.