Trevor Bayne’s Iowa Advance
by Official Release On Tue, Jul. 29, 2014
Trevor Bayne – Iowa Advance
Team: No. 6 AdvoCare Ford Mustang
Crew Chief: Chad Norris
Bayne at Iowa
· Trevor Bayne makes his seventh NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) start at Iowa Speedway on Saturday evening. In six previous starts at the .875-mile short track, Bayne has recorded one win, two top-five finishes and four top-10s.
· Bayne most recently earned a ninth-place finish at Iowa Speedway in the May 18 NNS event.
· Bayne earned his first victory at Iowa Speedway in the June 9, 2013 event after starting 14th and leading 19 laps, including the final 12.
· According to NASCAR’s loop data statistics, Bayne ranks fourth in fastest laps run (87), fifth in green flag passes (174) and fifth in laps run inside the top 15 (1,281). The driver of the No.6 AdvoCare Ford Mustang also ranks seventh in average running position (8.54) and in driver rating (105.1).
· Crew chief Chad Norris brings chassis RK-826 to Iowa Speedway this weekend. This chassis raced earlier this season at Phoenix International Raceway and at the May 18 event at Iowa Speedway, earning finishes of seventh and ninth, respectively.
History of the No. 6 Ford at Iowa
· In nine NNS races at Iowa Speedway, the No. 6 Ford for Roush Fenway Racing has earned four victories, five top-five finishes, seven top-10 finishes and an average finish of 7.2. Roush Fenway Racing drivers Bayne and Ricky Stenhouse, Jr. have recorded wins for the No. 6 at the .875-mile short track.
Dash 4 Cash
· Bayne is one of four NNS drivers who qualified for Nationwide Insurance’s ‘Dash 4 Cash’ following last weekend’s race at Indianapolis. Bayne is going head-to-head against Ty Dillon, Regan Smith and Brian Scott for the $100,000 prize that will be given to the highest finishing driver among the four following Iowa.
· This weekend’s NNS race at Iowa Speedway marks a homecoming for the crew chief of the No.6 AdvoCare Ford Mustang, Chad Norris. Norris is from nearby Fremont, IA, which is located just over an hour from the .875-mile oval.
· Bayne took the green flag from the 11th position at the famed Indianapolis Motor Speedway and battled for position inside the top 10 for much of the 100-Lap event. Bayne would work his way up to the fourth position until a Lap 76 restart shuffled the driver of the No.6 AdvoCare Ford Mustang back outside of the top five. In the closing stages, Bayne was able to overcome a loose handling condition and a hard charging Regan Smith to come home with a ninth-place finish, his 14th of the 2014 NNS season.
Bayne on racing at Iowa:
“I’m always excited to be racing in Iowa. The track really seems to be a special place for me as we won the race there right after my wife and I got married. We had a good run there in the spring and I know that Chad (Norris) and the guys will look over our notebook from that race and give me a No.6 AdvoCare Ford Mustang with a ton of speed that will allow us to go for the win this weekend. Plus, it would be really great to get that $100,000 prize courtesy of Nationwide Insurance’s Dash 4 Cash.”
Crew Chief Chad Norris on Iowa:
“It’s always nice to be racing at home. Iowa Speedway has been a pretty good track to the No.6 Ford and hopefully this weekend we’ll be able to continue the strong runs of the past there. We ran pretty good here in the spring but I’m confident that we will be able to get Trevor up front this weekend and go after that $100,000.”
No. 6 Team Roster
Name Position Hometown
Chad Norris Crew Chief Fremont, Iowa
Cody Efaw Car Chief Big Prairie, Ohio
Brian Harrison Engineer Granite Bay, Calif.
Darrell Haskins Underneath Mechanic Danville, Va.
Brendon McElligott Front End Mechanic West Newbury, Mass.
Lance Allen Shock Specialist Haubstadt, Ind.
Jimmy Ray Holder Engine Tuner Randleman, N.C.
David Roth Tire Specialist El Paso, Texas
Dave Davis Truck Driver Fort Wayne, Ind.
Rick “Bubba” Mace Back-up Truck Driver Connelly Spring, N.C.
Jason Hedlesky Spotter Clinton, Mich.
Richie Williams Jackman Camden, S.C.
Brad Sutton Rear Tire Carrier China Grove, N.C.
Kevin Richardson Front Tire Carrier Elizabethtown, N.C.
Corey Baldwin Front Tire Changer Severn, Md.
Josh Pech Gasman Mooresville, N.C.
Kale Uphoff Rear Tire Changer McFarland, Wisc.
Tyler Hudson Pit Support Lexington, N.C.