JASON LEFFLER QUICK FACTS
No. 38 Great Clips Toyota Camry
Charlotte Motor Speedway
Dollar General 300
October 15, 2010
• Braun Racing looking for more hardware from Charlotte Motor Speedway… Braun Racing has two trophies from Charlotte Motor Speedway (CMS) in their display case and they are hoping to add to that collection this weekend. Dave Blaney gave the team their first win at the track in October, 2006. In May of 2008, Kyle Busch gave the team their second trophy when he drove the No. 32 Dollar General Camry to victory lane.
• Leffler at Charlotte Motor Speedway, by the numbers… In 14 Nationwide Series starts at CMS, Leffler has one-top five and four top-10 finishes. He has led laps in seven of those events for a total of 80 laps led. His best performance at the 1.5-mile track came in the spring of 2004 when he started from the ninth spot and finished fourth, leading for 36 laps
• Fourth race for the Nationwide Series’ “New Car”… Drivers and teams will participate in an extended test session on Wednesday afternoon at the Concord, N.C.-based track. This will mark the ‘new car’s’ fourth and final appearance of the season before it is introduced full-time in 2011.
• “Tech Talk” with Jason Leffler and Joe Balash… Jason Leffler will join NASCAR Nationwide Series Director, Joe Balash, at the Nationwide Insurance display on Friday at 2pm for “Tech Talk” with the fans at CMS. “Tech Talk” is designed to tell fans about the “new car” that will be introduced full-time in 2011.
• Dollar General Serving as Title Sponsor at Charlotte… Longtime Braun Racing marketing partner, Dollar General, will serve as title sponsor for this weekend’s race at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
• Did you know? Great Clips is the longest-running sponsor in the Nationwide Series…Minneapolis-based Great Clips, Inc. came onto the scene in 2001 as a primary sponsor of Akins Motorsports No. 38 entry, then driven by Christian Elder. Kasey Kahne drove the car from 2003-2005, before Leffler took over the wheel in 2006.
• Braun Racing acquired by Turner Motorsports… Recently it was announced that Turner Motorsports acquired select assets of Braun Racing. The team will continue to operate as Braun Racing for the remainder of the 2010 season. Plans for Turner Motorsports in 2011 include fielding three entries in both the Camping World Truck Series and the Nationwide Series (NNS). The NNS driver lineup will be announced in October.
• Leffler on SIRIUS’ Morning Drive every Wednesday… Don’t forget to tune in to SIRIUS Radio’s “Morning Drive” with Mike Bagley and Pete Pistone every Wednesday at 10:30am to hear Leffler’s take on recent events in the Nationwide Series and what you can expect from the week’s upcoming race.
Leffler on racing at Charlotte Motor Speedway
“Charlotte Motor Speedway provides some really fun racing. With the fast speeds and three-wide racing, it’s a lot of fun. We all consider Charlotte to be our hometown track and, even though most of us are not from here, this is a place we have all made our home. This will be the first time we have raced the ‘new car’ here and I’m looking forward to it. This Great Clips team has run pretty well in these ‘new cars’ so I feel like we have a shot to be a strong contender on Friday night. Braun Racing already has two wins here and we are hoping to make it three this weekend in the Dollar General 300.”
The No. 38 Great Clips team will unload chassis #104 in this weekend’s Dollar General 300. This is the same chassis Leffler piloted at Michigan Speedway, where he started fourth and finished 34th (engine), and Richmond international Raceway, where he started ninth and finished 14th.
Jason Leffler Statistics
Charlotte Motor Speedway Career NASCAR Nationwide Series
No. Starts: 14
Best Start: 5th (spring, 2008)
Best Finish: 4th (spring, 2004)
Average Start: 25.4
Average Finish: 19.2
Laps: 2541/2778 (91.5%)
Laps Led: 80
DNF’s: 4 No. Starts: 253
Top-5 Finishes: 39
Top-10 Finishes: 91
Average Start: 17.2
Average Finish: 17.1
Laps Led: 604