JASON LEFFLER QUICK FACTS
Texas Motor Speedway
O’Reilly Auto Parts Challenge
November 6, 2010
· Special “Garage Mahal” paint scheme for the No. 38 at Texas Motor Speedway (TMS)… This weekend, the No. 38 Great Clips Camry will feature a special paint scheme featuring DIY network’s popular show “Garage Mahal.” Hosted by actor and professional wrestler, Bill Goldberg, “Garage Mahal” is a show about remodeling and tricking out garages to a whole new level. Great Clips drivers, Kasey Kahne and Jason Leffler, will be featured in an episode of the show in which they assist in presenting a Charlotte-area couple with a Great Clips Racing-themed garage. The show is scheduled to air on Friday, Dec. 3 at 9:30 p.m. EST, exclusively on DIY Network.
Bill Goldberg on the “Garage Mahal” episode featuring Leffler and Kahne:
“I especially enjoyed this partnership for Garage Mahal,” said Goldberg. “As an avid racing fan, I understand the excitement of having a space where you can entertain, watch the race and cheer on your favorite drivers. We have transformed a lot of garages into unbelievable spaces, but this garage will go above and beyond with the support of Kasey and Jason.”
Leffler on the “Garage Mahal” paint scheme:
“Filming “Garage Mahal” was a blast! Bill Goldberg was a lot of fun to work with and I know that Kasey and I both really enjoyed it. The Great Clips Racing-themed garage turned out really cool and the homeowners were blown away by how it turned out. The episode airs on December 3rd at 9:30pm, exclusively on the DIY Network, so make sure to check it out!”
· Texas is the Site of Leffler’s First Career Nationwide Series Pole… In his first start at TMS in 2000, Leffler captured his first career Nationwide Series pole. Two years later, he sat on the pole for his first NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race at the Fort Worth-based track.
· Leffler at TMS, by the numbers… Leffler has 12 Nationwide Series starts at TMS with one pole (2000), one top-five and four top-10 finishes. His best performance at the 1.5-mile tri-oval came last November when he started and finished third. In his last visit to TMS this spring, Leffler finished 12th after starting from the eighth spot and leading for four laps.
· Turner Motorsports 2011 plans to be announced… Turner Motorsports will proudly announce its 2011 plans for both its NASCAR Nationwide Series and NASCAR Camping World Series programs on Friday, November 5 at 2:30pm CT. The announcement will include driver and sponsor line-up as well as manufacturer and engine supplier details. The press conference will take place in the Victory Theater at the TMS Media Center.
· Leffler on SIRIUS’ Morning Drive every Wednesday… Don’t forget to tune in to SIRIUS Radio’s “Morning Drive” with Mike Bagley and Pete Pistone every Wednesday at 10:30am to hear Leffler’s take on recent events in the Nationwide Series and what you can expect from the week’s upcoming race.
Leffler on racing at Texas Motor Speedway
“Texas is a really fun track to race! It’s fast and slick with a wide racing surface. You can pretty much run anywhere on the track you want to based on how your car is handling. Turn two is the trouble spot there. The banking holds you really good and then, at last second, the banking falls off. If you aren’t careful you can get caught out there and pick up a bad push at the very end or, if you’re pushing before that, it can snap you loose. It definitely has its own unique characteristics but it is a great track and the racing is always really good.”
The No. 38 Great Clips team will hit the track with chassis #023 in this weekend’s O’Reilly Auto Parts Challenge. Chassis #023 has posted three top-10 finishes this season in races at Kansas Speedway (10th), Chicagoland Speedway (5th) and Atlanta Motor Speedway (7th).
Jason Leffler Statistics
Texas Motor Speedway
Career NASCAR Nationwide Series
No. Starts: 12
Best Start: 1st (spring, 2000)
Best Finish: 3rd (fall, 2009)
Average Start: 15.8
Average Finish: 14.6
Laps: 2258/2406 (93.8%)
Laps Led: 5
No. Starts: 255
Top-5 Finishes: 40
Top-10 Finishes: 92
Average Start: 17.2
Average Finish: 17.0
Laps Led: 604