Biffle on Phoenix: “I really can’t wait to go to Phoenix this weekend. I love that track and I love going out west. We’ve run well there but we don’t have a win there yet in the cup car. In order to run well at Phoenix, you really have to work on getting your car to handle well at both ends which can be difficult because they are very different. I would say the only other track that is so different at both ends is Darlington. If we can get that figured out, we should have a really good race in Phoenix. We didn’t quite have the setup where it needed to be for the race there in the spring but I think we’ve learned a few things since then.”
Erwin on Phoenix: “We’re taking the same car to Phoenix that we won with at Kansas so if we can just get the setup right this time, we should have a good race. We have run well there in the past but during the spring race, it seemed like none of the adjustments we made seemed to help. We’ve done a lot of testing this year and we’re taking all of that information to try to get the setup where it needs to be this weekend. Last weekend was very disappointing for this team and they’re ready to get back to the track and take the win we should have had in Texas.”
• Biffle and the 3M team moved up to ninth in the standings following their fifth-place finish in Texas; they are 372 points behind leader Denny Hamlin but only nine points out of eighth.
• Biffle’s average finish at Phoenix is 15.4 from an average starting position of 14.3.
• The 3M Ford will have a special Scotch Brand paint scheme for this weekend’s race in Phoenix.
• The total amount of Scotch® Transparent Tape sold to homes and offices in the United States each year would go around the Earth 165 times.
• There are more than 400 varieties of tapes sold under the Scotch® and 3M™ brands. Visit www.scotchbrand.com for more information.