–The Top-Ten Points Battle Heads to the Valley of the Sun–
The Event: Phoenix 200 (Round 33 of 35 in the 2010 NASCAR Nationwide Series)
- Venue: Phoenix International Raceway (1.0-mile oval)
- Date / Time: November 13, 2010 / 4:30 PM ET
- Distance: 200 laps / 200 miles
- TV / Radio: ESPN2 (Live at 4:00 PM ET) / MRN Radio, Sirius NASCAR Radio
Steve Wallace, No. 66 5-Hour Energy Toyota Camry
- Points Race Continues: Steve Wallace and his 5-Hour Energy team head to the Valley of the Sun this weekend looking to clench their place among the top-ten in the year-end point standings. Assuming Wallace starts the Homestead event, he can clench tenth-place by leaving Phoenix with a margin of 162 points or greater over his 11th-place teammate, Brendan Gaughan. Wallace currently leads Gaughan by 145 points.
- Pointing Forward: Wallace is also in the middle of a ferocious fight for seventh through tenth in the standings. He currently sits a mere 77 points adrift of seventh-place Trevor Bayne.
- Wallace at Phoenix: Steve Wallace scored his first Phoenix top-ten in last year’s running of this event. His tenth-place effort set off a streak of five straight top-ten finishes that ran through this season’s event at Las Vegas. In this spring’s event at Phoenix, Wallace, sporting a broken foot, ran among the top-ten for the first 110 laps, before a tire failure ended his day.
- Streaking: Wallace and the 5-Hour Energy squad enter Phoenix with four finishes of 12th or better in their last six races. They also sport four top-ten starts during that span. Wallace has been ranked among the top-ten in NNS driver points for 21 straight weeks, the seventh-best such streak in the series; he has been among the top-ten for 47 of the last 55 weeks.
- Flat-Out: Wallace sports three top-ten finishes (ORP, Iowa, Gateway I) and five finishes of 12th or better (New Hampshire, Gateway II) on flat tracks this season.
- The Machine: Steve Wallace’s primary car for this weekend is RWR-042. Car 42 last ran at ORP during the summer, where Wallace’s piloted it to the outside pole, en route to a top-ten finish.
This Week’s 5-Hour Energy Shot
- Welcome Aboard: 5-Hour Energy Racing is pleased to welcome Circle K Convenience Stores to its family of partners; Circle K branding will appear on the television panel of Steve Wallace’s No. 66 car this weekend at PIR. For more than 50 years, Circle K has been one of North America’s most popular and successful operators of convenience stores. Today, there are more than 3,300 Circle K stores across the USA and over 4,000 international locations.
- 5-Hour Energy Show Car Appearances in Phoenix:
- Friday, November 12, 2010, 12:00 PM-2:00 PM: Safeway 3151, 9090 South Estrella Parkway, Goodyear, AZ 85338
- Friday, November 12, 2010, Contact Store for Time: Safeway 1511, 14175 West Indian School Road, Goodyear, AZ 85448
- Saturday, November 13, 2010, 11:00 AM-2:00 PM: Circle K 1130, 11502 West Southern, Tolleson, AZ 85353
- Did You Know?: The key ingredients in 5-Hour Energy are also available in everyday foods – like broccoli, avocados, bananas and apples – or already in you. 5-Hour Energy contains zero sugar, only four calories and as much caffeine as a cup of the leading premium coffee.
Brendan Gaughan, No. 62 Alliance Parts Toyota Camry
- Trucking Along: Rusty Wallace Racing is pleased to welcome Alliance Parts as the primary sponsor of Brendan Gaughan’s No. 62 team this weekend. Alliance Parts is a brand of Daimler Trucks North America LLC, the largest heavy-duty truck manufacturer in North America and a leading manufacturer of Class 4-8 vehicles. The brand offers a range of new and remanufactured reliable parts and accessories at an affordable price to the commercial transportation industry. For more information, or to locate the nearest Alliance Parts dealer, visit alliancebrandparts.com.
- Double Duty: Brendan Gaughan will make his first Sprint Cup Series start since 2004 this weekend, as he wheels TRG’s No. 71 South Point Hotel & Casino car in Sunday’s event at PIR.
- Gaughan at Phoenix: In three career NNS starts at Phoenix, Brendan Gaughan has posted one top-five and two top-ten finishes, including a fourth-place effort this spring.
- Flattening the Competition: Although he professes not to be a short track expert, Gaughan has shown much prowess on flat tracks this season, with four top-ten finishes (Phoenix I, Richmond I, New Hampshire, ORP).
- The Machine: Brendan Gaughan will pilot RWR-018 this weekend in Phoenix. Car 18, a workhorse of the RWR fleet, has made seven 2010 starts, including one with Kenny Wallace at the controls last month in the 5-Hour Energy 250 at Gateway.
# # #
About Rusty Wallace Racing, LLC
North Carolina-based Rusty Wallace Racing (RWR) is a professional auto racing team steeped in the legendary history of its founder, Rusty Wallace—one of NASCAR’s top-ten drivers of all-time. The team currently campaigns the No. 66 and No. 62 Toyota Camrys in the prestigious NASCAR Nationwide Series, driven by Steve Wallace and Brendan Gaughan, respectively. In 2009, RWR stood as the only team with multiple drivers among the top-ten in the final Nationwide Series driver standings. For more on Rusty Wallace Racing, please visit the award-winning rustywallace.com.
About 5-Hour Energy
Made by Living Essentials, LLC, 5-Hour Energy is the category leader in 2 oz. liquid energy shots. 5 Hour Energy is available nationwide in major retailers in the Grocery, Drug Store, Mass Merchant Warehouse and Convenience Store classes of trade. Living Essentials sells over 7 million bottles of 5 Hour Energy per week. For more information, please visit 5hourenergy.com.
About Alliance Parts
Alliance Parts offers a range of new and remanufactured reliable parts and accessories at an affordable price to the commercial transportation industry. Alliance brand parts are available at more than 1,000 retail locations, including Freightliner, Sterling, Western Star and Thomas Built Buses dealerships in the U.S. and Canada. For more information, or to locate the nearest Alliance Parts dealer, visit alliancebrandparts.com.
Alliance Parts is a brand of Daimler Trucks North America LLC, the largest heavy-duty truck manufacturer in North America and a leading manufacturer of Class 4-8 vehicles. Daimler Trucks North America produces and markets commercial vehicles under the Freightliner, Sterling, Western Star and Thomas Built Buses nameplates. Daimler Trucks North America is a Daimler company.