Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes NNS Race Advance Daytona International Speedway Saturday, Feb. 19, 2011
DODGE IN THE NASCAR NATIONWIDE SERIES
• Dodge won its first Nationwide championship last year when Penske Racing’s Brad Keselowski won the driver’s title.
• Dodge will field two entries in the Nationwide Series with Sam Hornish Jr. joining Keselowski from the Penske Racing stable. • The Dodge Challenger R/T will serve as Dodge’s entry for all 35 races this season in the Nationwide Series.
DID YOU KNOW
• Dodge is a title sponsor and official automotive partner of Hart and Huntington Racing’s supercross racing efforts.
• Sam Hornish Jr’s No. 12 Dodge Challenger SRT8 will sport a special integrated “Dodge 392” paint scheme featuring Dodge’s marketing partner Hart and Huntington Racing.
• Dodge is the only manufacturer in NASCAR that race two different car brands in the Dodge Challenger R/T and Charger R/T brands.
DODGE SPEAK “We’ve spent the last year redefining and building the Dodge brand. Now we’re going to show customers what the future of Dodge will look like. At Dodge, we’re passionate about driving; we look forward to it. We think a car should have a personality, be powerful and fun. We’re going to put that Dodge mojo into the entire lineup, from compact cars to minivans to SUVs and everything in between.”
Ralph Gilles, President and CEO – Dodge Car brand, Chrysler Group LLC
DODGE QUOTES: DRIVE4COPD 300 “We’re excited to bring our newest motorsports partner, Hart and Huntington Racing into Daytona this weekend,” said Bryan Viger, Head of Dodge Motorsports. “Our two brands complement each other very well, so for the season opener we’ll be incorporating the edgy Hart and Huntington paint scheme onto our No. 12 Dodge Challenger SRT8 to show how the Dodge brand continues to evolve and target a more youthful and performance-oriented audience.” Bryan Viger, Head of Dodge Motorsports
“It will definitely be cool to walk into the Nationwide Series garage at Daytona as the series champion. It means a lot to have won a championship for Mr. (Roger) Penske and everyone at Penske Racing, but we are not going to live in the past. We’re going to Daytona to win the race and start 2011 off in the right fashion. We had some very fast Dodge Challengers last year. We were on the pole for the last race in Daytona (July), so we have a lot of confidence that we can back that up this time.
Brad Keselowski, No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge R/T
“I am really excited about the first race of the season. I have not run a Nationwide Series restrictor plate race since 2007 so I am looking forward to this. It is great to have Dodge backing us for this event and the No. 12 Dodge is looking especially sharp – I think this car is going to get a lot of attention. I am very pleased that things have come together. We have been working hard to get a program in place for this year and I am glad to get back to the racetrack. We have a lot of possibilities in this program and I am looking forward to running with Dodge and building our relationship with Alliance Truck Parts over the course of this season.” Sam Hornish Jr, No. 12 Dodge Challenger SRT8