No. 38 Great Clips Chevrolet News and Notes
- Kasey Kahne at Dover International Speedway, by the numbers… In 11 NASCAR Nationwide Series starts at Dover International Speedway (DIS), Kahne has one pole to his credit in addition to two top-five and five top-10 finishes. He has finished outside of the top-20 on only two occasions. Additionally, he has an average start of 11.5 and an average finish of 11.8 with a total of 63 laps led.
- Who’s on the pit box? Stewart Cooper will call the shots for Kahne and serve as crew chief for the No. 38 Great Clips team in the eight races that he is behind the wheel. Note that when Kahne drives the No. 38 machine, the team uses the No. 30 team’s radio frequency – 460.8875.
- This week’s Impala… The Great Clips team will unload chassis TMS-128 this weekend at DIS. This is a brand new chassis in the Turner Motorsports stable.
- Turner Motorsports: In the Hunt… In 28 Nationwide Series events in 2011, Turner Motorsports-prepared entries have notched three wins, 20 top-five and 54 top-10 finishes. All three of Turner Motorsports’ championship-contending drivers are inside the top-six in the driver point standings with Reed Sorenson in third, Justin Allgaier in fifth and Leffler in sixth.
- Get ready for the “Five Kahne” …The second annual Kasey Kahne Foundation “Five Kahne” will take place on the streets of uptown Charlotte, N.C. on Sunday, Oct. 16th. Kahne started the 5K charity run last year in hopes of building an annual event to generate funds for youth causes. Through a partnership with the NC STEM Community Collaborative, proceeds from the run will fund grants for educational field trips to the NASCAR Hall of Fame.
- Happy 10-Year Anniversary, Great Clips… This season marks Great Clips’ 10-year anniversary as a primary sponsor in the NNS. The Minneapolis-based Great Clips, Inc., which is currently the longest-running primary sponsor in the series, came onto the scene in 2001 as a primary sponsor of Akins Motorsports No. 38 entry, then driven by Christian Elder.
- Leffler on SIRIUS’ Morning Drive every Wednesday… Don’t forget to tune in to SIRIUS Radio’s “Morning Drive” with Mike Bagley and Pete Pistone every Wednesday at 10:30am to hear Leffler’s take on recent events in the Nationwide Series and what you can expect from the week’s upcoming race.
Follow the No. 38 team on Twitter!Twitter.com/No38TurnerNNS
Follow Kasey Kahne on Twitter! Twitter.com/KaseyKahne
Follow Turner Motorsports on Facebook! Facebook.com/TurnerMotorsports
Kahne on the racing at “The Monster Mile”
“The key is having a car that can still handle well 30-40 laps into a run and staying out of trouble. Dover is an easy place to get in trouble. It’s definitely one of the more mentally and physically demanding tracks that we go to. I’m looking forward to another race with the Great Clips team this weekend. Stewart Cooper (crew chief) and I work together well and all of those guys just do a great job preparing race cars. We have had some strong runs this year but zero luck to go along with it. Hopefully we can get turned around this weekend at Dover.”