Team: No. 60 Fastenal Ford Mustang
Crew Chief: Mike Beam
Chassis: RK-648– primary – last ran in Iowa. Finished second.
RK–621 – backup – new Nationwide chassis
Carl Edwards on racing at Kansas Speedway:
“I absolutely love Kansas Speedway. It’s not far from my hometown and I will have several of my family and friends there. It’s a track I really want to win at. Our Fastenal team has been on a roll and we are coming off a strong win at Dover. I love the mile and a half speedways. Kansas Speedway is exactly what this Fastenal team needs for the owners points. We have five races left and we want to gain as many points as possible and make it count. These last races are at very good tracks and we will make it exciting for the fans!”
Crew chief Mike Beam on racing at Kansas Speedway:
“We are coming off a dominating win at Dover so we are going to carry that momentum to Kansas. Our mile-and-a-half program has been superb this year. Our goal is to stay up front, have fast pit-stops and get this No. 60 Fastenal Ford back to victory lane for the eighth time this season.”
- So far in 2011, Edwards has seven wins, 18 top-fives, and 22 top-10s.
- Edwards captured his 36th career Nationwide win at Dover International Speedway.
- Edwards has captured six Coors Light pole awards so far in the 2011 Nationwide Series season.
- Edwards average start at Kansas is 7.2.
- The No. 60 Mustang is 13 points out of first place in the NNS owner’s championship.