Carl Edwards – NSCS KANSAS ADVANCE
Team: No. 99 Aflac Ford Fusion
Crew Chief: Bob Osborne
Chassis: RK-732 Last ran at Pocono in August, finished seventh
Carl Edwards on racing at Kansas Speedway:
“There is absolutely nothing better than racing in front of your family and friends at your hometown track this weekend at Kansas Speedway. A win there would mean the world to me. We are going into Kansas tied for the lead with seven races to go and we are coming off a good finish at Dover. We’d like to build on that lead and Kansas would be the perfect track to do that.”
Crew chief Bob Osborne on racing at Kansas Speedway:
“I think everyone on this team knows how important this race is to Carl. This is his home track and a win at Kansas would be huge for him. We are tied for the lead in the points now with seven races to go. It would be great to gain points at Kansas and Charlotte in case we need them at Talladega and Martinsville later this month.”
* Carl Edwards enters Kansas tied for the lead in the NASCAR Sprint Cup point standings. In 19 starts this season, Edwards has accumulated one win, 14 top-five and 20 top-10 finishes. * FOR THE RECORD…Edwards will make his ninth Cup start at Kansas Speedway this weekend. In his previous starts, Edwards has three top-five and six top-10 finishes. His average start is 20.5 and his average finish is 11.4. His best finish (second) came in 2008.
* IN THE LOOP… According to NASCAR’s Loop Statistics compiled over the last eight races at Kansas, Edwards has turned 111 of the track’s fastest laps which is fourth highest, spent 1300 laps (71.7%) in the top 15 (sixth highest) and led a total of 71 laps (eighth highest). Edwards’ driver rating (98.7) is fifth best among active drivers.
* HOME TRACK… Edwards is a native of, and currently resides in Columbia, Mo. Only 130 miles away, he considers Kansas Speedway his home track in the Sprint Cup Series.
* ON THE TRACK…The Aflac team will be bringing chassis RK-732 to Kansas. This car most recently raced at Pocono in August where Edwards finished seventh.
* REWIND, KANSAS, October 2010… Edwards came from the 31st starting position all the way up to lead two laps, and ultimately finish sixth at his hometown track.