5-Hour Energy Team News and Notes
* This Week’s 5 Hour Energy Toyota …Steve Wallace will pilot Rusty Wallace Racing chassis RWR-064 in Saturday afternoon’s Kansas Lottery 300. Built new for the 2011 season, this Toyota Camry debuted at Chicagoland Speedway last month, where Wallace finished 18th.
* Through 29 Races …With 29 races of the 2011 season in the record books, Wallace has accumulated two top-five, five top 10 and 14 top-15 finishes, an average starting position of 13.3 and an average finish of 16th. Wallace has completed 98.1 percent of the laps contested (5,293 of 5,397) thus far.
* Get to the Points …Wallace continues to maintain the eighth position in the NASCAR Nationwide Series driver point standings. With five races remaining in the 2011 season, Wallace trails seventh-place driver Kenny Wallace by 26 markers, and holds a four-point advantage over ninth-place contender Brian Scott.
* Wallace at Kansas …In five NASCAR Nationwide Series starts at Kansas Speedway, Wallace has recorded two top-15 finishes. His best finish at the 1.5-mile oval is 11th, which he posted when the series last raced there in October 2010.Additionally, Wallace has one start in ARCA Series competition at Kansas, which resulted in a fifth-place finish in July 2006.
* Welcome Aboard …5-Hour Energy Racing welcomes QuickTrip as a partner for this weekend’s race at Kansas Speedway. QuickTrip branding will adorn the TV panel of Wallace’s No. 66 Toyota in Saturday afternoon’s race.
* Rusty Wallace Racing at Kansas … In nine combined NASCAR Nationwide Series starts at the 1.5-mile Midwest oval, Rusty Wallace Racing has earned just one top-10 finish, coming in October 2010when Brendan Gaughandrove the No. 62Toyota to a ninth-place finish in the Kansas Lottery 300.Rusty Wallace Racing entries have completed 1,577 of the 1,800 (87.6 percent) laps contested in those events.
* Rusty Wallace Racing in 2011 …With 29 of 34 races completed thus far in the 2011 season, Rusty Wallace Racing’s three NASCAR Nationwide Series entries have recorded a combined three top-five, 12 top 10 and 30 top-15 finishes. Rusty Wallace Racing Toyotas have completed 11,625 of 12,019 laps attempted, and have been atop the leaderboard for 19 laps with drivers Michael Annett, Jason Bowles, David Reutimann and Steve Wallace.
* The Battle For Best in Class …Rusty Wallace Racing’s 14th-place position in the NASCAR Nationwide Series owner point standings is second-best among full-time, non-cup affiliated teams. Wallace’s No. 66 entry trails RAB Racing, currently ranked 13th, by 26 points.
* Cast Your Vote …Voting has begun for the Most Popular Driver of the Year award in the Nationwide Series. Fans are encouraged to log onto NASCAR.com to vote for their favorite driver from the series once per day until voting ends on Thursday, November 17.
“The mile-and-a-half tracks have been a struggle for our 5-Hour Energy team this year, but Doug Randolph and all the guys have been working hard on aero stuff and we feel like we’ve made some gains. They cut the sides off this car on Monday and applied some things they learned in the wind tunnel, so we feel pretty confident that we’ll have a better package this time out. I enjoy racing at Kansas Speedway, and heading there knowing that we’ve made some gains really gives us something to look forward to.” – Steve Wallace on racing at Kansas Speedway
# # #
About Living Essentials, LLC Farmington Hills, MI-based Living Essentials, LLC, is the maker of 5-Hour Energy, the category leader in 2 oz. liquid energy shots. 5-Hour Energy is available nationwide at major retailers in the Grocery, Drug Store, Mass Merchant, Warehouse and Convenience Store classes of trade. Living Essentials sells over seven million bottles of 5-Hour Energy per week. For more information, please visit 5hourenergy.com.
About Rusty Wallace Racing, LLC North Carolina-based Rusty Wallace Racing (RWR) is a professional auto racing team steeped in the legendary racing history of its founder, Rusty Wallace. The team currently campaigns the No. 66 and No. 62 Toyota Camrys-driven by Steve Wallace and Michael Annett, respectively-in the NASCAR Nationwide Series. RWR will also campaign the No. 64 Camry in select 2011 events. RWR entries have finished among the top-ten in the Nationwide Series driver or owner standings in each of the last three seasons. For more on Rusty Wallace Racing, please visit the award-winning rustywallace.com.