LAS VEGAS MOTOR SPEEDWAY RACE REPORT
No. 43 Pilot Flying J Ford Mustang
Michael Annett started the 200-lap NASCAR Nationwide Series event at Las Vegas Motor Speedway from the 21st position. Annett finished the Sam’s Town 300 as follows:
13th—Michael Annett, No.43 Pilot Flying J Ford Mustang
· Saturday marked Annett’s second top-15 finish with Richard Petty Motorsports.
· Annett made his 108th NASCAR Nationwide Series start this weekend.
· Fighting a loose condition throughout the majority of the 300-mile event, the No. 43 Richard Petty Motorsports crew led by Crew Chief Philippe Lopez, made a plethora of adjustments to the Pilot Flying J car.
· Annett ran in the top-15 for the majority of the 200-lap event and was scored as high as 11th-place in the early laps of the race.
· Ricky Stenhouse Jr., in a Ford, claimed the victory Saturday afternoon in a race that saw seven caution flags wave for a total of 32 laps.
· Unofficially, Annett sits in eighth place in the NASCAR Nationwide Series driver point standings heading into Bristol next weekend.
Annett’s Thoughts After the Race: “We struggled with the handling of our Pilot Flying J Ford Mustang today, but I think we figured some things out that will help us when we come back out to California in a couple of weeks. My guys never gave up the whole race and we made a lot of adjustments to the car. I can’t thank my team enough for the job they have done the past three weeks. My pit crew did and awesome job in the pits today and we had some lightning fast stops. Each week we continue to grow as a team, and each week I look forward to going to the track to see what we can learn to make out car better and better.”
Next up in NASCAR Nationwide Series action is the Ford EcoBoost 300 at Bristol Motor Speedway, March 17, at 1 p.m. ET. The event will be broadcast on ESPN.
Be sure to follow Richard Petty Motorsports on Twitter @RPMotorsports for behind the scenes updates, driver appearance information and qualifying and race updates. You can also check us out on Facebook.