Royal Purple 300
Auto Club Speedway
Saturday, March 24, 2012
SAM HORNISH JR. – No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Challenger Crew Chief: Chad Walter
Career Stats: Starts: 37 Wins: 1 Top Fives: 2 Top 10s: 8 Poles: 0 Laps Led: 122
2012 Season Stats: Starts: 4 Wins: 0 Top Fives: 0 Top 10s: 2 Poles: 0 Laps Led: 7
• Sixth in Nationwide championship standings, 33 behind leader Elliott Sadler and 11 behind fifth-place Cole Whitt. • One previous NNS start at ACS – 2007 fall race.
BRAD KESELOWSKI – No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger Crew Chief: Jeremy Bullins
Career Stats: Starts: 172 Wins: 17 Top Fives: 76 Top 10s: 106 Poles: 12 Laps Led: 2,788
2012 Season Stats: Starts: 4 Wins: 0 Top Fives: 0 Top 10s: 3 Poles: 0 Laps Led: 34
• Has finishes of third or better in three of the four races this season.
• Best finish in 10 starts at ACS was a second in 2010 fall race. And has recorded three consecutive top-10 finishes.
• Has led at least one lap in five of the last six previous NNS races at ACS. • Best start (third) at ACS came in the 2010 fall race.
DODGE QUOTES: ”Fontana seems like one of the widest places to me. Having the track width is great because it gives you a lot of opportunities. The more track width that you run the more seams you’re running across, basically. The seams are just slick.” — Sam Hornish, Jr.
“We’ve been working hard and have had some solid runs all four weeks this season. I’m very happy about that. We keep running like this, we’ll get a lot of wins.” — Brad Keselowski
THE AUTO CLUB SPEEDWAY NUMBERS
• Dodge has one Nationwide win at ACS: Kasey Kahne in the 2006 fall race by a whopping 8.290 seconds over Kevin Harvick
• Dodge has 12 top-five and 21 top-10 finishes at ACS.
• The most Dodge drivers to finish in the top five at ACS are three in the 2004 fall race: Casey Mears (second), Kahne (fourth) and Jamie McMurray (fifth).
• Dodge is seeking its fourth consecutive top 10 at ACS.
DODGE IN THE NASCAR NATIONWIDE SERIES
• At least one Dodge driver scored a top-10 finish in seven consecutive races at ACS (2003-2006).
• Dodge is fielding two full-time entries in the series this year. Sam Hornish Jr. is competing for the series championship while Brad Keselowski and Parker Kligerman are sharing the driving duties in the second Penske Racing entry.
• Dodge claimed its first NASCAR championship in 2010 when Penske Racing’s Brad Keselowski captured the driver’s title.
• Dodge has 41 wins in the series including seven in each of the last two seasons. The first Nationwide Series win came in 2002. In 2005, Dodge has 11 wins in the series. A Dodge has started from the pole 48 times.
FROM THE CREW CHIEF “Fontana has a lot of character: a lot of bumps, an older surface that we race on and man, a lot of high speed. You need horsepower, you need fuel mileage and you need track position. It’s fun to go race there because you can run one of 15 lines in each corner and somehow make it work. Drivers have some options, but you’ve got to start out with good equipment and good power.” — Chad Walter, Crew Chief, No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Challenger