Parker Kligerman – No. 29 Draw-Tite RAM Crew Chief: Doug Randolph
Career Stats: Starts: 28 Wins: 0 Top Fives: 4 Top 10s: 9 Poles: 0 Laps Led: 31
2010 Season Stats: Starts: 2 Wins: 0 Top Fives: 0 Top 10s: 0 Poles: 0 Laps Led: 0
• Started 2012 season with a pair of 11th-place finishes at Daytona (Fla.) and Martinsville (Va.)
• Seventh in the series championship standings, 16 points behind leader John King. He is just three behind sixth-place James Buescher and five ahead of eighth-place Nelson Piquet Jr.
• Has two previous starts at Rockingham Speedway in the ARCA Series, both in 2009. Won the fall event, crossing the finish line 2.557 seconds ahead of second-place Casey Roderick. Scored fifth-place finish in spring event, giving him an average finish of 3.00. Completed all 400 possible laps in those two races.
• Second season driving for Brad Keselowski Racing. • Best finish in NCWTS is second-place (twice, most recently in 2011 spring race at Texas Motor Speedway.
• Best start is third-place in 2011 at Chicagoland Speedway.
RAM DRIVER QUOTES “At Rockingham, the biggest thing that we fight is tire management. It’s a very, very abrasive surface, probably the most abrasive surface that we race on. How I did well there in my first starts in ARCA was run a certain speed and conserve my tires. I hope that success and that method will be able to prove successful in the truck series. There’s multi-grooves and because of that, if your truck is better than your competitor, you’ll be able to make a pass. I don’t think there’s any specific area, but having a better truck than someone else allows you to pass anywhere.” — Parker Kligerman
ROCKINGHAM SPEEDWAY NUMBERS
• This is the inaugural event for the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series at Rockingham Speedway and the first NASCAR sanctioned event at the one-mile track since 2004.
• Built in 1966, Rockingham Speedway has hosted 78 Sprint Cup and 42 Nationwide Series races.
• Since racing returned to Rockingham in 2008, the speedway has hosted four ARCA races, five CARS Pro Cup Series events and two exhibition races.
• Turns one and two at The Rock are banked 22 degrees, three and four 25 degrees.
• Kligerman is one of eight NCWTS drivers to complete every possible lap in two races this season – 359 total laps. His first NCWTS start came at Texas in 2010.
RAM IN THE CAMPING WORLD TRUCK SERIES
• Bobby Hamilton (2004) and Ted Musgrave (2005) won the season championship driving a RAM.
• RAM has captured the manufacturer’s championship three times in the 17-year history of the series – 2001, 2003 and 2004.
• Tony Raines gave RAM its first win in the series in 1997, winning at I-70 Speedway in Odessa, Mo.
• RAM won 15 of the 24 NCWTS races during the 2001 season, 13 of 25 in 2003 and 11 of 25 in 2004.
• There have been 418 races in the NCWTS beginning at Phoenix International Raceway on Feb. 2, 1995. There were three RAM drivers – Joe Bessey, Bob Keselowski and Walker Evans – in the 33-truck starting field. Bessey scored a fourth-place finish while Mike Skinner took the win.
RAM TALK “I really think tire management is going to be crucial. You have to pick off five positions a run because if you pass 10 or 15 guys in one run, you’re really going to pay of it at the end of the run and end up worse off than you started.” — Doug Randolph, Crew Chief, No. 29 Draw-Tite RAM