MARTIN TRUEX JR.
No. 56 NAPA AUTO PARTS TOYOTA
CORNELIUS, N.C. — No. 56 NAPA AUTO PARTS driver Martin Truex Jr. sees Saturday night’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Texas Motor Speedway as a way to make up some ground in his bid to earn his Michael Waltrip Racing team its second consecutive appearance in the “Chase for the Sprint Cup.”
Truex returns to the ultra-fast 1.5-mile oval in Fort Worth as the defending pole sitter who finished sixth. Truex also finished 13th in October earning him the seventh most points of any driver at Texas in 2012. The No. 56 team is 25th in points after just six races in the 2013 season.
Martin Truex Jr. Thoughts Heading Into Texas : “I think with the way our season has started, we need to forget about points and just go racing. We need to try and get some wins. This could be a good thing for us. Obviously we go to the track to win, but I think with the position we are in, we can afford to gamble a little bit. I don’t think we have to worry about protecting our position. I know we have fast NAPA Toyotas. My team is incredible and Texas is a good place to get things going.”
Racing at Texas: “Texas is one of my favorite tracks. It’s been a really good track for me in the past. We had good runs there last season. I love that it’s old and worn out. It’s got some bumps in it. It’s really, really fast and very similar to one of my other favorite tracks—Atlanta. I always look forward to going there. I am interested in seeing what this new NAPA Toyota does. I hope it’s something that we can go out with and win this race.”
· TRUEX AT TEXAS: In 15 NSCS starts, he has earned two poles, one top-five and seven top-10 finishes. In six Texas starts driving the NAPA Toyota, he has one pole and three top-10s.
· MEDIA AVAILABILITY: Truex will stop by the TMS media center on Thursday at 3:10 p.m.
· AUTOGRAPHS: Truex will sign autographs at the MWR Souvenir Rig on Saturday at 4:00 p.m. Visit the rig to receive a guaranteed autograph ticket!
· CATWALK FOR A CAUSE PRESENTED BY TOYOTA: On May 15 at Michael Waltrip Racing, cheer on the kids from Levine Children’s Hospital as they strut the runway to benefit the Martin Truex Jr. Foundation’s Special Needs Fund at Levine’s! Purchase tickets now: martintruexjrfoundation.org!
· TRUEX AUTOGRAPHED CATWALK T-SHIRTS: Help the MTJ Foundation by purchasing a Truex signed Catwalk t-shirt for $25. 100% of the proceeds go to the Special Needs Fund. To purchase visit: