MARTIN TRUEX JR.
No. 56 NAPA AUTO PARTS TOYOTA
CORNELIUS, N.C. — There are plenty of reasons No. 56 NAPA AUTO PARTS Toyota driver Martin Truex Jr. can’t wait for this weekend’s NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Kansas Speedway.
The Michael Waltrip Racing driver recorded back-to-back second-place finishes at the Kansas track last year. Also, Truex is on a roll after leading 142 laps and nearly winning Saturday night’s race at Texas Motor Speedway.
Martin Truex Jr. on Kansas: “After two second-place finishes, it’s time to get one spot better. I think we can go back and win this thing especially after leading a lot of laps at Texas. I said it about Texas and I will say the same thing about Kansas, I think it will be interesting to see what happens this year with the new 2013 NAPA Toyota and a year of aging on the repave. The winters are pretty rough there just like good ol’ Clint Bowyer. We will have to see what it is like. I think it will be different for sure. But I love the track and I look forward to going there with the momentum we have from the last two races there as well as how well we performed last weekend. We learned a lot at Texas and I think it shed some light on some of the things we wanted to try this weekend. I am pretty pumped up and excited to go there.”
· TRUEX AT KANSAS In nine NSCS starts, he has earned two top-five and two top-10 finishes. His average start is 13th and average finish is 21st. He has led 205 laps in competition.
· NASCAR RACE TO GREEN™: Truex and teammate Clint Bowyer will help NASCAR and Toyota plant at tree at 10 a.m. on Friday at LEGENDS Toyota Dealership across from the Speedway. Media availability will begin shortly thereafter.
· TUNE IN: Truex will appear on Sunday’s edition of NASCAR Race Day on SPEED. It airs starting at 10:30 a.m.
· NEW NAPA APP: Download the new NAPA Android app to use for VIN scanning, online chats, parts look-up, and a store finder. Visit: http://tinyurl.com/cdctqqp.
· CATWALK FOR A CAUSE PRESENTED BY TOYOTA: On May 15 at Michael Waltrip Racing, cheer on the kids from Levine Children’s Hospital as they strut the runway to benefit the Martin Truex Jr. Foundation’s Special Needs Fund at Levine’s! Purchase tickets now: martintruexjrfoundation.org!
· TRUEX AUTOGRAPHED CATWALK T-SHIRTS: Help the MTJ Foundation by purchasing a Truex signed Catwalk t-shirt for $25. 100% of the proceeds go to the Special Needs Fund. To purchase visit: