CORNELIUS, N.C. — No matter where Mark Martin, Martin Truex Jr. or Clint Bowyer finish Saturday night at Richmond International Raceway, Michael Waltrip Racing fans and fans of all NASCAR Sprint Cup drivers will win with the Michael Waltrip Racing Insider Program.
Text “MWR” to 42828 on a smartphone to get the free Insider card
The program requires no personal information and offers significant discounts on tickets to several upcoming races including:
MWR INSIDER PROGRAM BENEFITS
- Talladega Speedway: Save $15 on tickets to the Aaron’s 499 race. Anniston grandstand tickets for $55.
- Charlotte Motor Speedway: 30% off selected grandstand seats for the All-Star and Coca 600 weekends. Plus 20% off pit pass.
- Pocono Raceway: Three-day ticket package for $56 and includes a Q&A session on race day morning with Martin Truex Jr. $5 from every package will go towards to the Martin Truex Jr. Foundation.
- Quicken Loans: $500 cash back after closing
- Kentucky Speedway: Up to 20% off Sprint Cup race tickets
- Free headset with rental of a FanVision unit ($19.99 value)
- COMING SOON: Fatheads: 25% off NASCAR Fatheads at fathead.com
- COMING SOON Georgia Boots: 20% off any pair of boots
MARK MARTIN ON MWR INSIDER PROGRAM: “This is a pretty cool program. It seems like all of us spend time on our smartphones these days. So this is a quick and easy way to be part of the MWR race team and get some really cool discounts. Heck, this is a great program for all NASCAR fans. It’s free and it will save you a lot of money. Plus, it’s not like you have to go on there and give your social security number or anything like that. You just text and download the card and you are good to go. Quick and easy.”
MARK MARTIN TO MAKE 55TH RICHMOND START
CORNELIUS, N.C. — No.55 Aaron’s Dream Machine Driver Mark Martin will make his 55th Sprint Cup start at Richmond International Raceway Saturday night in the Toyota Owners 400. The 54-year-old future Hall of Famer won the pole for this race in 2012 and will likely be at the front of the field Saturday night. Martin’s No. 55 is 11th in owner points as the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series holds its ninth points race of the 2013 season. Martin owns 18 top-five finishes in 54 Richmond starts.
RICHMOND: “This is my 55th race at Richmond and I am driving the No. 55 Aaron’s Dream Machine plus Toyota is sponsoring the race so we have all that going for us. We were fortunate enough to win the pole here last year and MWR has done really well here of late. Clint won this race in the fall and we finished third. Martin Truex has been on fire the last two weeks. So, we are pretty optimistic Saturday night is going to be a lot of fun. Richmond is one of the best places we race and it seems like it’s always a great show for the fans.”
· RICHMOND: In 54 Sprint Cup starts at Richmond, Martin owns one victory (1990) and 18 top-five finishes. He’s led 449 laps.
· MARK MARTIN FAN APPECIATION DAY: Martin will hold the ninth annual Mark Martin Fan Appreciation Day on May 4 at Mark Martin Ford and Museum in Batesville, Ark. Joining Martin this year is seven-time champion and NASCAR’s winningest driver Richard Petty. Martin will begin signing autographs at 9 a.m. with Petty joining at noon. Both will appear on stage for a question and answer session after the autographs. Fan Appreciation Day will also include a live Sirius broadcast, race cars and tours of the museum. For more information go to www.markmartinmuseum.com
· CHASSIS: 714- won pole at Phoenix in 2013 and finished 21st.
· WINS: Martin owns 40 Sprint Cup, 49 Nationwide and seven Camping World Truck Series victories. He’s led 12,856 laps in Sprint Cup competition. Martin has started 861 Sprint Cup races, 236 Nationwide races and 25 truck events. He also owns 13 IROC wins in 47 starts.
· POLES: Martin owns five poles in 30 races with MWR. He is seventh on the all-time pole list with 56 poles including one in 2013 at Phoenix.
- No. 55 DRIVERS: Martin will drive the No. 55 in 24 races, Brian Vickers in nine races and Michael Waltrip in three races.
· FOLLOW NO. 55 ON TWITTER
· PIT CREW
Crew Chief – Rodney Childers
Car Chief – Steve Channing
Front Changer – Ryan Langley
Rear Changer – Shannon Myers
Front Carrier – Chris Hall
Rear Carrier – Mark Kennerly
Jackman – Tony Cardamone
Gas man – Brian Dheel
2nd Gas Man- Josh Galloway
Spotter – Jeremy Brickhouse
Engineer – Billy Scott
2nd Engineer – Scott McDougall
Tires – Kevin White
Eng.Tuner- Denny Chandler (TRD)
Shocks – Mike (Nook) McCarville
Interior/7th man- Jacen Johns
Truck Driver – Glenn Shano
2nd Truck Driver – John Murphy
Pit Coach – Greg Miller
Dir. Race Engineering—Chad Walter
Ex. VP Engineering- Nick Hughes
Ex. VP Comp.—Scott Miller
· NO. 55 DRIVER SCHEDULE
5/5 Talladega Waltrip
5/11 Darlington Martin
5/18 All-Star Martin
5/26 Charlotte Martin
6/2 Dover Martin
6/9 Pocono Martin
6/16 Michigan Martin
6/23 Sonoma Vickers
6/29 Kentucky Vickers
7/6 Daytona Waltrip
7/14 Loudon Vickers
7/28 Indy Martin
8/4 Pocono Martin
8/11 The Glen Vickers
8/18 Michigan Martin
8/24 Bristol Vickers
9/1 Atlanta Martin
9/7 Richmond Martin
9/15 Chicago Martin
9/22 Loudon Vickers
9/29 Dover Martin
10/6 Kansas Martin
10/12 Charlotte Martin
10/20 Talladega Waltrip
10/27 Martinsville Vickers
11/3 Texas Martin
11/10 Phoenix Martin
11/17 Homestead Martin