Sun Products Introduces the Laundry Pit Stop in CMS Campground to Provide Fans Opportunity to Meet Juan Pablo Montoya and Do a Little Laundry
CONCORD, N.C. (May 16, 2013) –Target racing partner, Sun Products and their all and Snuggle laundry care brands, will introduce race fans to a new type of pit stop during Charlotte race weeks. The Laundry Pit Stop offers race fans the opportunity to get their laundry clean and fresh with all and Snuggle by having their laundry done for free by the Laundry Pit Crew. Located in the Tim Flock Campground on the grounds of Charlotte Motor Speedway (CMS), campers will be able to drop off their laundry and spend time in the movie tent, the game area or take photos with the Snuggle Bear.
The Laundry Pit Stop will be on-site May 16 – 25 from 10 a.m. till 4 p.m. ET daily. In addition to the laundry experience, a “Happy Hour” event will be held at the Laundry Pit Stop on May 23 from 4:30 – 6:30 p.m. ET (prior to the Coca-Cola 600 qualifying race) and will feature music, drinks and snacks, along with an appearance from the driver of the No. 42 Target Chevrolet SS, Juan Pablo Montoya and his pit crew.
Notes of Interest:
· Drive Out Stains and Finish Fresh: Get your laundry to the finish line and stop by the Laundry Pit Stop. When campers check-in at CMS, they will receive an all and Snuggle branded mesh laundry bag along with an invitation to the Laundry Pit Stop. Campers will bring their laundry to the Laundry Pit Crew outside the branded trailer holding eight washer and dryer units where they will wash and fold the clothes and deliver them back to the campers.*
· Pit Stop Activities: Stop by the Laundry Pit Stop and watch family-friendly, racing-themed movies in a tent or head over to the game area and play all and Snuggle branded games to win prizes, which include Snuggle Bears.
· Happy Hour: An invitation will be included in each campground check-in packet to attend Happy Hour on May 23. All guests will receive food, drinks and free tickets for the qualifying race, as well as branded items including sunglasses and earplugs. Juan Pablo Montoya will drop by at 5:45 p.m. ET to sign a few autographs and take some photographs with guests. Also, the No. 42 Target Chevy SS and pit crew will be on hand to mingle with the guests.*
· Montoya by the Numbers: Juan Pablo Montoya is currently in his seventh full-time year in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (NSCS) with Chip Ganassi. The former Formula One winner, CART champion and Indianapolis 500 winner, currently has nine pole awards, two NSCS wins, 21 top-five and 53 top-10 finishes in 228 starts. Right now, Montoya sits 22nd in the NSCS standings, 77 points out of 12th place, the cutoff to make the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup.
· Juan Pablo Montoya, Driver, No. 42 Target Chevrolet SS: “I enjoy when our partners get involved and do cool things like this. I’ve never heard of any company offering to do laundry for the race fans so it’s great to be a part of this. I’m looking forward to checking it out and spending some time with the fans.”
· Elisabeth Heick, Shopper Marketing Manager, Sun Products: “We at all and Snuggle know camping at the track can get clothes dirty and not to mention smelling a little like a fire suit after 50 laps! We are thrilled to be partnering with Earnhardt Ganassi Racing, Juan Pablo Montoya, Target and Charlotte Motor Speedway and helping fans lift tough stains and have soft, long-lasting fresh laundry with the Laundry Pit Stop.”
About Chip Ganassi Racing Teams: Chip Ganassi has been a fixture in the auto racing industry for over 25 years and is considered one of the most successful as well as innovative owners the sport has anywhere in the world. Today his teams include three cars in the IZOD IndyCar Series, two cars in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, and one Daytona Prototype in the GRAND-AM Rolex Sports Car Series. Overall his teams have 15 championships and over 150 victories, including four Indianapolis 500s, a Daytona 500, a Brickyard 400 and five Rolex 24 At Daytonas. Ganassi boasts state-of-the-art race shop facilities in Indianapolis and Brownsburg, Ind. and Concord, N.C., with a corporate office in Pittsburgh, Penn.
About The Sun Products Corporation
The Sun Products Corporation, headquartered in Wilton, Connecticut, is a leading North American provider of laundry detergent, fabric softeners and other household products. With annual net sales of approximately $2 billion, the Company’s portfolio of products are sold under well-known brands that include all®, Snuggle®, Wisk®, Sun®, Surf®, and Sunlight®. In addition, Sun is the manufacturing partner for many retailer brand laundry and dish products in North America. For more information visit: www.sunproductscorp.com .
*Certain restrictions apply.
For more information log onto www.earnhardtganassi.com