Event Preview Fact Sheet
Venue: Dover International Speedway
News & Notes:
- This Week’s ToyotaCare Toyota … Alex Bowman will pilot RAB Racing Chassis No. 40 in Saturday’s 5-Hour Energy 200 at Dover International Speedway. This chassis last saw action at Richmond International Raceway where Bowman started sixth and finished 15th.
- Weekend Rewind... Bowman powered his Toyota Camry from the 20th position to a fifth-place finish last weekend at Kentucky Speedway. The rookie gained a whopping 24 points on the Nationwide Series Driver Standings’ top 10 and eight points on the Rookie of the Year point’s leader.
- I’ve Been Here… Bowman has competed at The Monster Mile twice in his Nationwide Series career, posting two top 20 finishes.
- RAB Racing at Dover … RAB Racing with Brack Maggard has competed in ten Nationwide Series events at Dover International Speedway since their inaugural year of competition in 2009, accumulating one top 10 and six top 20 finishes. RAB Racing scored their best finish of seventh in 2011’s running of the 5-Hour Energy 200 with driver Kenny Wallace.
- Rice at Dover… Crew chief of the No. 99 Toyota Camry, Chris Rice, has sat atop the pit box at Dover International Speedway nine times in his Nationwide Series career, garnering seven top 20 finishes and 85 laps led.
- Get to the Points … As we head into the 28th race of the 2013 NASCAR Nationwide Series season, Bowman currently occupies the 11th position in the drivers’ point standings, 44 points out of the top 10. Owner Robby Benton sits at 16th position in the Nationwide Series owners’ point standings.
- Rookie Battle… Following his fifth place finish at Kentucky Speedway, Bowman retained the second position in the Rookie of the Year point standings, 64 points behind Kyle Larson.
- Meet Alex… Fans can meet Bowman on Saturday, September 28, 2013 from 10:00-11:00 AM in the FanZone adjacent to the Lucas Oil Display for the Nationwide Series Driver Autograph Session.
- Catch the Action … Saturday’s 5-Hour Energy 200 at Dover International Speedway will be televised live Saturday, September 28 beginning at 3:30 p.m. EST on ESPN 2 and broadcast live on the Performance Racing Network.
- Get Social … Don’t miss any updates from Bowman and RAB Racing. Follow them on Twitter @AlexBRacing and @RAB_Racing.
Alex Bowman Quotes:
“Oh boy the Monster Mile… I always look forward to going to Dover because as a driver it’s really fun and challenging all at the same time. The elevations changes from the straightaways to the corners and then up out of the corners are a big reason why it’s so challenging. To find a car setup that works through all of those aspects and then handles well on the high banks is really difficult. We learned a lot as a team from the June race, so we’ll apply those notes along with what we learned from TRD this week and try to keep this momentum from Kentucky going.”
Chris Rice Quotes:
“Dover is a very tricky track for not only the driver, but also for the crew chief. The crucial thing all competitors fight is keeping your speed in the center of the corner and grip in the car as it exits the corner. With the elevation changes and the track continuously changing from the amount of rubber that’s being put down, it’s one of the hardest tracks to find that happy medium where the car does everything you want. I’m definitely excited about going there a second time this season as we just couldn’t put together a good finish in June. We had speed but just didn’t finish where we ran all day. With that said, we’ll take what we learned in June and apply it to this weekend and I’m confident we’ll get the finish we deserve.”