Paul Menard will start on the pole Saturday night for the Sprint Unlimited exhibition race at Daytona International Speedway. He was awarded the pole after a blind draw determined the starting lineup.
The 75 lap non-points race will be split into two segments. A competition caution at lap 25 will separate the segments. This year’s field will be one of the largest with 25 drivers participating. Eligible drivers include all 2014 pole award winners, all 2014 Chase drivers and former Daytona 500 pole winners who competed full-time in the 2014 Sprint Cup Season. Remaining spots were filled by the drivers highest in the 2014 points standings who are not already eligible.
Menard will lead the field to green with Kasey Kahne in the outside pole position. Teammates Joey Logano (third) and Brad Keselowski (fourth) will start on Row 2. Notables include Jeff Gordon, who, in his final season, will start in the 11th position, followed by teammates Jimmie Johnson in 17th and Dale Earnhardt Jr. in 24th. Tony Stewart will begin from the 22nd position and Kyle Larson will bring up the rear of the field in 25th.
The Sprint Unlimited is set to begin Saturday evening at 8:15 p.m. ET on FOX.
The complete starting lineup for the Sprint Unlimited:
- Paul Menard – Richard Childress Racing
- Kasey Kahne – Hendrick Motorsports
- Joey Logano – Team Penske
- Brad Keselowski – Team Penske
- Kyle Busch – Joe Gibbs Racing
- Austin Dillon – Richard Childress Racing
- Greg Biffle – Roush Fenway Racing
- Kevin Harvick – Stewart-Haas Racing
- Denny Hamlin – Joe Gibbs Racing
- Martin Truex Jr. – Furniture Row Racing
- Jeff Gordon – Hendrick Motorsports
- Ryan Newman – Richard Childress Racing
- Kurt Busch – Stewart-Haas Racing
- Carl Edwards – Joe Gibbs Racing
- Danica Patrick – Stewart-Haas Racing
- Matt Kenseth – Joe Gibbs Racing
- Jimmie Johnson – Hendrick Motorsports
- Clint Bowyer – Michael Waltrip Racing
- Aric Almirola – Richard Petty Motorsports
- Ricky Stenhouse Jr. – Roush Fenway Racing
- Jamie McMurray – Chip Ganassi Racing
- Tony Stewart – Stewart-Haas Racing
- Casey Mears – Germain Racing
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. – Hendrick Motorsports
- Kyle Larson – Chip Ganassi Racing