EXCEL BOTTLING / SKI SODA INCREASES SUPPORT AT CHICAGOLAND
Driver: Justin Jennings
Crew Chief: Trip Bruce
Twitter: @MBMotorsports, @JJenningsRacing
Justin Jennings and the MB Motorsports crew will enjoy the “ultimate ahh factor” that Ski Soda’s uniquely refreshing punch of caffeine and real fruit delivers, as Excel Bottling / Ski Soda becomes the primary sponsor of the #63 Chevy Silverado for the American Ethanol e15 “225” At Chicagoland Speedway.
“Excel is one of a few remaining “mom & pop” bottlers left in the nation,” notes driver Justin Jennings, “which makes them a perfect match for our little team. As the slogan says, Ski Soda is ‘Real Lemon, Real Orange, Real Good’. Our team runs on it.”
Based in Breese, IL, not far from the team’s Missouri based shop, Excel Bottling Company has been a partner with MB Motorsports since the 2014 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series season. “Excel has a long and storied history in our part of the world, back in St. Louis. It’s great that MB Motorsports can work with local companies who understand you can harness the marketing power of NASCAR and do so with a hometown team,” says team owner Mike Mittler.
Established in the summer of 1936, the family run company continues today, operated by the founders’ sons and grandchildren. Excel Bottling Company produces flavored soda using cane sugar, returnable bottles, and vintage bottling equipment. Ski was added in 1961 and accounts for the majority of soda produced.
“We have an extra incentive to do well at Chicagoland,” states Jennings. “Excel Bottling / Ski Soda has increased their support for this race and they have a large group of folks joining us at the track. LG Seeds is continuing their support as well and they have a lot of people coming to the track, too.”
“The guys have gone above and beyond in preparing the truck for Chicagoland,” notes Mittler. “As Justin says, you’ve always got to run well when your marketing partners are in the garage with you. Hopefully all the extra effort will pay off and we can finally get a finish at Chicagoland that reflects how hard the guys have worked on the Excel Bottling / Ski Soda – LG Seeds Chevy.”
“We’re really looking forward to getting the 63 on the track at Chicagoland,’ says crew chief Trip Bruce. “We’ve been working really hard on our intermediate track program and this will be the first test of our efforts, so we’re all very anxious to see what the results are.”
The American Ethanol e15 “225” will be broadcast live on Fox Sports 1, MRN Radio and Sirius Channel 90 Friday September 18 at 8:30 pm ET. Practice will be broadcast earlier that day on Fox Sports 1 at 10:00 am ET with Qualifying following at 4:30 pm ET.
• Justin Jennings will be making his third start at Chicagoland Speedway when he slides behind the wheel of the #63 Excel Bottling / Ski Soda – LG Seeds Chevy.
• The UNOH 200 at Bristol Motor Speedway will be Jennings’ fifth NASCAR Camping World Truck Series start in the #63 truck this season.
• Jennings started 20th and finished 22nd in his last outing at Chicagoland Speedway.
MB Motorsports Marketing Partners:
• The #63 Chevy Silverado features the Excel Bottling / Ski Soda colors this weekend at Chicagoland Speedway. Joining them are LG Seeds, WIX Filters and eTape16.
For more information on MB Motorsports’ marketing partners, visit http://mbracing.net/sponsors.html
Eagle Rock Camp:
• MB Motorsports continues its support of Eagle Rock Camp, which helps military families dealing with both the visible and invisible wounds of war. Visit eaglerockcamp.org /@eaglerockcampWW
• The American Ethanol e15 “225” will be broadcast live on Fox Sports 1, MRN Radio and Sirius Channel 90 Friday September 18 at 8:30 pm ET. Practice will be broadcast earlier that day on Fox Sports 1 at 10:00 am ET with Qualifying following at 4:30 pm ET.
Justin Jennings on racing at Chicagoland Speedway:
“With all the effort we have put into this truck for Chicagoland, I can’t wait to get the race started. I’m pretty confident we have put together a pretty stout truck for Chicagoland.”
About MB Motorsports:
MB Motorsports is the sole surviving original team in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, having competed in every season since the series debuted in 1995. The team has given many young drivers their start in NASCAR, including Sprint Cup Series winners Carl Edwards, Jamie McMurray, Brad Keselowski and Regan Smith.
For more information on MB Motorsports and its marketing partners, visit www.mbracing.net