Plaid Takeover at Target Stores Extends to the Race Track this Fall
Concord, N.C. (Sep. 22, 2015) – This fall, Target is going mad for plaid, and the No.42 Target team will be joining in the fun. With hundreds of items getting a plaid makeover, including everything from home goods and must-have fashions to Diet Coke bottles, and much more, it only made sense to extend the tartan touch to the race track on the No. 42 Target Chevrolet SS and Kyle Larson himself.
Taking plaid to a whole new level, Larson and the Team Target Chevrolet will be decked out in various plaid-inspired designs, which pay homage to the fan-favorite pattern, for eight of the final nine NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (NSCS) races. The designs are fun and unique and will surely bring an extra pop of excitement for NASCAR fans as the season comes to a close. While the Target Chevy has always sported a stylish look, the plaid paint schemes take that look to a whole new level and elevates the everyday by offering NASCAR fans some unexpected new designs.
Notes of Interest:
• Racing in Style: With an increased focus on style, Target will be doubling down on wowing guests by offering plaid-inspired items throughout the store. Many of the designs seen on everything from apparel to home goods to cleaning supplies can also be seen on the No. 42 Target Chevy as the in-store plaid takeover extends to the throughout the fall.
• Running of the Buffalo: The in-store plaid takeover is also highlighted by the limited-edition Adam Lippes for Target collaboration, which features more than 50 items with the designer’s interpretation of Buffalo plaid. Larson’s No. 42 Chevy will carry buffalo plaid inspired paint schemes for the Bank of America 500 at Charlotte Motor Speedway and the Sylvania 300 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway.
• Plaid to the Bone: Larson and the Target team will be styled in plaid for all of the final nine races, except for Phoenix International Raceway. Plaid-inspires designs will be seen on the car, the crew and Larson. To see all the unique plaid paint schemes, visit Chip Ganassi Racing Teams Facebook.
· Dan Griffis, Vice President, Experiential Marketing, Target: “We’re taking plaid to a whole new level at Target this fall, and we’re really excited to extend the plaid take over to the track on Kyle Larson and his No. 42 car. The paint schemes look great and hopefully provide something unexpected for NASCAR fans. Whether it’s a Mello Yello throw back or a camo design honoring fallen military members, we are constantly working to bring unique paint schemes to life that highlight key Target initiatives and our top vendor partners. “
• Steve Lauletta, President, Target Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates: “We are very excited to have the No. 42 team be a part of Target’s plaid takeover. Target is such an integral partner for our organization so we will always try to do what we can to help elevate their initiatives. The eight paint schemes are definitely one-of-a-kind, and do a great job of showing off Target’s eye towards style, uniqueness and creativity.”
• Kyle Larson, Driver No. 42 Target Plaid Chevrolet SS: “At Darlington, we had one of the most talked about paint schemes, and I know these eight plaid inspired cars will generate some buzz around the garage. The cars are definitely stylish and unique. Target comes up with some great ideas, and it’s really cool for our team to be a part of such a big initiative. A lot of the tracks left on the schedule are places I enjoy racing, so hopefully we get some good finishes in the plaid cars.”
About Chip Ganassi Racing
Chip Ganassi has been a fixture in the auto racing industry for over 25 years and is considered one of the most successful as well as innovative owners the sport has anywhere in the world. Today his teams include four cars in the Verizon IndyCar Series, two cars in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, and one Prototype in the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship. Overall his teams have 18 championships and over 160 victories, including four Indianapolis 500s, a Daytona 500, a Brickyard 400, six Rolex 24 At Daytonas and the 12 Hours of Sebring. Ganassi boasts state-of-the-art race shop facilities in Indianapolis and Brownsburg, Ind. and Concord, N.C., with a corporate office in Pittsburgh, Pa.
For more information log onto www.www.chipganassiracing.com