Stewart Friesen, No. 52 Halmar International Chevrolet Silverado
Canadian Tire Motorsport Park NGOTS Stats
– Starts: 1, Best finish: 7
2019 NGOTS Stats
– Starts: 17, Best start: 1, Best finish: 1, Top 5s: 10, Top 10s: 12, Laps Led: 203, Poles : 1, Stage wins: 2, Wins: 1
– A native of Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, Stewart Friesen returns home for the lone road course event on the NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series schedule. Friesen scored a top-10 finish in his only prior start at the track.
– Friesen is currently third in the NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series playoff rankings,, 17 points above the cutoff line.
– Friesen and the No. 52 team will utilize chassis No. 123. This is the first time the Halmar Friesen team has competed with this chassis this season.
“It’s really exciting to be competing at Canadian Tire. I grew up about three hours from the track and I’ve been up here all week visiting family and friends. We had a strong run here last year and I like the challenge of competing on road courses so hopefully we’ll put together a solid run. The finishes have been wild here the last few years and you never know what’s going to happen. I can’t be too aggressive too early because the playoff standings are tight and one mistake could knock you out. It would be great to come out with a win and lock ourselves into the next round of the playoffs.”
ABOUT HALMAR FRIESEN RACING
Halmar Friesen Racing competes full-time in the NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series with driver Stewart Friesen. More information can be found at https://halmarracing.com/ or https://stewartfriesen.net/.