Team: No. 6 Acorns Ford Mustang
Crew Chief: Scott Graves
Twitter: @Roush6Team, @RoushFenway and @RyanJNewman
GEICO 500 – Sunday, April 28 at 2 p.m. ET on FOX, MRN, SiriusXM Channel 90
Newman at Talladega Superspeedway
· Newman will make his 35th Cup start at Talladega Superspeedway on Sunday. In 34 prior starts, Newman has 13 top-10s and six top-fives with an average finish of 19.6.
· His best Cup finish at the track all-time came just two seasons ago where he finished runner-up in the 2017 fall race. He also finished ninth last spring after starting 18th.
· Newman’s average starting spot at the 2.66-mile track is 14.7. He has two career qualifying efforts of third or better, including third in 2005 and second in 2012.
· Newman also has one Xfinity Series start at Talladega back in 2009, where he qualified on the pole and finished second.
Scott Graves at Talladega Superspeedway
· Graves will call his sixth MENCS event at Talladega on Sunday. In five previous races atop the pit box, Graves has a best finish of third with Ricky Stenhouse Jr., back in 2013. He most recently finished 10th with Daniel Suarez last spring and overall has an average of finish of 12th.
· Graves also called three Xfinity Series events at Talladega, all of which were top-10s. He led Chris Buescher to a runner-up result in 2014 and followed that with a sixth-place finish a year later, before finishing seventh with Suarez in 2016.
Newman on racing at Talladega:
“We’re feeling refreshed after the off weekend and ready to get to Talladega in our Acorns Ford. Talladega is a place where your average finishing position and other numbers are usually thrown out the window because you just never know what can happen, especially with a new rules package. In the last couple weeks we’ve shown we’re here to contend and our main priority is to continue that this weekend and be there at the end.”
On the Car
Acorns makes its third appearance of the season on board Newman’s No. 6 Ford Mustang.
The Acorns app automatically invests your spare change from everyday purchases into your future! And that’s just the start. For just $1, $2, or $3 per month, you get the nation’s first financial wellness system at your fingertips. Set automatic Recurring Investments of just $5 a day, week or month, seamlessly save for retirement, earn money for your future from 350+ top brands, spend smarter with the only debit card that saves and invests for you and grow your knowledge with money tips on the go! With bank-level security and fraud protection built in, Acorns makes it easy to turn spare change into more for your future. Download Acorns now and get started in under 5 minutes!
Acorns is accessed simply and easily via the app for iPhone, Android or Desktop. Visit Acorns.com for more.