Improvements Should Mean Better Fan Experience At Martinsville Speedway In 2011
MARTINSVILLE, Va. (January 12, 2010) – When fans return to Martinsville Speedway in April for the Goody’s Fast Pain Relief 500 they will find plenty of changes, all aimed at an improved fan experience.
All seats have been widened to give fans more room … when they aren’t standing up cheering.
Fans will find new and improved restrooms and concession stands on the first-turn end of the front stretch. In that same area, the concourse under the grandstands has been widened by almost 30 feet, making the flow of pedestrian traffic much easier.
A new, state-of-the-art speaker system has been installed which will provide much better sound quality than in the past.
Carry-in and cooler policies have also been relaxed to allow fans to carry in larger coolers and bags for souvenirs and race gear.
“We have always worked hard to make things better for fans and I think this has been one of our biggest off-seasons ever for that,” said Martinsville Speedway President W. Clay Campbell. “With everything that has changed for 2011, from wider seats to new restrooms to a new cooler policy and an improved sound system, fans should have a better experience than ever at Martinsville.”
Here is a look at some of the improvements for the 2011 season:
· Every grandstand seat has been widened giving each fan more seat room.
· New and much larger restrooms and concession stands at the first-turn end of the front stretch will be completed in time for the Goody’s Fast Pain Relief 500 on April 3.
· The concourse area has more than doubled in the area of the new restrooms and concession stands allowing much more room for pedestrian traffic.
· Martinsville Speedway’s carry-in policy has changed to allow one soft side bag or cooler, no larger than 14 x 14 x14. Also one lightweight backpack, similar to a daypack carried by school students, roughly 17 inches in length is now allowed.
· The new sound system will feature 50 hi-tech speakers which will improve the quality of sound.
All of the speakers have been positioned closer to the grandstands than in the past.
Tickets for the Goody’s Fast Pain Relief 500 weekend are on sale and may be purchased by calling 877.RACE.TIX or by visiting www.martinsvillespeedway.com. Tickets for the Goody’s Fast Pain Relief 500 on April 3 start at just $25. 2011
April 1: Pole Day April 2: Kroger 250 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race
April 3: Goody’s Fast Pain Relief 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup race
October 8: Virginia is for Racing Lovers 300 Pole Day
October 9: Virginia is for Racing Lovers 300 Late Model Stock race
October 28: Pole Day October 29: Kroger 200 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race
October 30: TUMS Fast Relief 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup race
Follow us on Facebook:
Follow us on Twitter: