Dollar General 300 Miles of Courage
Oct. 14, 2011
Charlotte Motor Speedway
BRAD KESELOWSKI No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger R/T
Career Stats: 2011 Season Stats: Starts: 164 Starts: 25 Wins: 16 Wins: 4 Top Fives: 70 Top Fives: 11 Top 10s: 99 Top 10s: 17 Poles: 11 Poles: 3 Laps Led: 2,569 Laps Led: 721
Charlotte Motor Speedway Stats: Starts: 10 Wins: 1 Top Fives: 3 Top 10s: 7 Laps Led: 136
• Won 2010 fall race at Charlotte by 1.137 seconds over second-place Martin Truex Jr.
• Has seven consecutive top-10 finishes at Charlotte and has been running at the finish in nine consecutive races at the 1.5-mile superspeedway.
• Scored a sixth-place finish at Charlotte in May.
• Most recent NNS series race winner with his victory at Kansas Speedway and has won two of the last three NNS races.
• Qualified in the top 10 in nine consecutive starts. • 2010 Nationwide Series champion.
SAM HORNISH JR. No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Challenger R/T
Career Stats: 2011 Season Stats: Starts: 29 Starts: 9 Wins: 0 Wins: 0 Top Fives: 1 Top Fives: 1 Top 10s: 3 Top 10s: 3 Poles: 0 Poles: 0 Laps Led: 51 Laps Led: 43
• Claimed a career-best fifth-place finish in most recent NNS start at Chicagoland Speedway (race No. 28).
• Has led at least one lap in both previous NNS starts at Charlotte. • Has three top-10 finishes in nine starts this season.
• Led season-high 39 laps at Iowa (race No. 22).
• Has been running at the finish in eight consecutive races.
• Qualified eighth or better in each of the last six races.
BRAD KESELOWSKI ON CHARLOTTE MOTOR SPEEDWAY “The Discount Tire Dodge Challengers have really been strong on the mile and a half tracks, especially over the last couple of months. To have a dominant car like we had at Kansas, even though they are two completely different intermediate tracks, gives me no reason to think we can’t have another strong run at Charlotte this weekend. Every driver wants to win at Charlotte and my win in this race last year is one of my proudest moments in racing. Charlotte usually has some very tough fields so you beat the best when you win a race there.”
DODGE AT CHARLOTTE MOTOR SPEEDWAY • Dodge has three Nationwide wins at Charlotte: Ryan Newman (2005 fall), Kasey Kahne (2007 spring) and Brad Keselowski (2010 fall). • Dodge has two pole positions at Charlotte: Casey Mears (2004 fall) and Kasey Kahne (2005 spring).
DODGE IN THE NASCAR NATIONWIDE SERIES • Dodge is fielding two entries in the Nationwide Series this season with Penske Racing. Sam Hornish Jr. joins Brad Keselowski for a limited schedule. Hornish will make his 10th Nationwide start of the year at Charlotte. • Dodge has 39 wins in the Nationwide Series, seven coming in the 2010 season.
SAM SAYS “We had a great run at Chicagoland Speedway back in September and I know that the team will be working hard to produce the same results this weekend. I look forward to getting back into my Penske Racing Dodge Challenger and hopefully end up with a trophy by the end of the night.” Sam Hornish Jr., driver, No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Challenger R/T