No. 15 5-hour ENERGY® TOYOTA
Las Vegas Preview
CORNELIUS, N.C. — 5-hour ENERGY Toyota driver Clint Bowyer is proud to be from Emporia, Kan. So much so that Bowyer is flying to his hometown on Monday following this weekend’s race at Las Vegas Motor Speedway to attend the ribbon cutting ceremony for the Bowyer Community Building. The multi-purpose community center will host events, concerts and activities for the 25,000 Emporia residents.
Bowyer worked with Lyon County to secure the land and his 79 Fund donated more than $1 million for the building’s design and construction. For more information and pictures of the building in various stages of its construction, please visit the Bowyer Community Building Facebook page. (Click Here)
Ribbon Cutting Details:
· Date: Monday, March 12
· Time: Masonic Keystone Celebration at 11:30 a.m. Ribbon Cutting Ceremony at noon.
· Location: 1200 W. Highway 50, Emporia, Kan. – about 100 miles southwest of Kansas City.
ON BOWYER COMMUNITY BUILDING “This really is a dream come true for me. I’m proud to be from Emporia, Kansas – and to be in the position I am to give something back to the community that gave me so much. Emporia is a special place to me – that’s where I’m from. That’s where my family lives. It’s where my friends live. I try to get back and spend as much time as I can there. This community building took a lot of hard work from a lot of different people – and I can’t thank the community enough for its support. The Bowyer Community Building is going to be a place where the community comes together. It will be a place to host concerts, special events and really give everyone a chance to be a part of something special in our own backyard.
“We’ve raised a lot of money through the golf tournaments and different things —and we’ve tried to distribute it to a lot of different people to make the community better. The Bowyer Community Building is by far the biggest thing that we’ve ever done. Everyone involved has put in a lot of hard work. I can’t wait to open it up to the people of Emporia.”
ADDITIONAL NOTES OF INTEREST
· Bowyer at Las Vegas: Bowyer will make his seventh career NSCS start at Las Vegas Motor Speedway on Sunday. In six previous starts, he has one top-five and two top-10 finishes. He finished a career-best second in 2009. He has led at least one lap in each of his last three races at LVMS.
· Chassis Notes: The No. 15 5-hour ENERGY team will race chassis No. 716 at Las Vegas. Chassis No. 716 was used in the Goodyear Tire test Feb. 7-8 at Texas Motor Speedway. Chassis No. 721 will serve as the backup. Both chassis are new in 2012.
· Now Appearing: Clint Bowyer will co-host a special LIVE edition of “Dialed In with Claire B. Lang” on SiriusXM Radio channel 90 on Thursday night from 5-6 p.m. PST/8-9 p.m. EST. Dialed in with broadcast live from The Pub inside the Monte Carlo Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas from 4-7 p.m. PST/7-10 p.m. EST.
· Ready to Launch: This week the newly designed ClintBowyer.com will launch and provide fans the opportunity to follow Bowyer’s Sprint Cup series career with Michael Waltrip Racing as well as his late model dirt track team. The site, designed and produced by RACERSITES, allows fans to easily navigate through the different areas highlighting his new team and sponsor, 5-hour ENERGY. The site is uniquely representative of Clint – his life and his passion for racing.