- Erik Jones (eighth) was the top-finishing Toyota driver in Saturday night’s NASCAR XFINTY Series (NXS) race at Kentucky Speedway. Ryan Blaney won the race.
- Jones started from the rear of the field in the Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) No. 54 Camry after missing qualifying due to competing in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway earlier in the day and led the field twice for 13 laps (of 201) in the NXS event at Kentucky.
- Camry driver Matt Tifft finished 10th in his first career NXS start Saturday night at Kentucky.
- Daniel Suarez started from the pole position in his JGR No. 18 Camry, however his team fought mechanical issues throughout the night and he finished 23rd.
- Six Camry drivers are currently in the top-20 in the unofficial NXS point standings –Suarez (eighth), JJ Yeley (12th), David Starr (16th), Blake Koch (17th), Cale Conley (18th) and Eric McClure (20th).
ERIK JONES, No. 54 Monster Energy Toyota Camry, Joe Gibbs Racing
Finishing Position: 8th
Can you describe your day overall after racing earlier in the day in New Hampshire?
“I guess a little disappointed the way we ran in both races. I wish it would’ve gone a little bit better. We had really good speed here in the Monster Energy Camry just didn’t work out at the end of the day. Wish we could’ve got the finish that I thought we deserved. I thought we were a second or third place car but it just didn’t work out. Long day, but fun day overall. A lot of racing. Ready for the next one.”
Have you enjoyed your time in the No. 54 Camry this year?
“Yeah I have. It’s a shame I don’t have any more races with the (54) team this year. I feel like we could definitely pick up another win or two if we had a few more races, but we’ll move on and do some more with the 20 and hopefully finish out the year strong.”
MATT TIFFT, No. 20 UNC Charlotte Toyota Camry, Joe Gibbs Racing
Finishing Position: 10th
JJ YELEY, No. 28 Toyota Camry, JGL Racing
Finishing Position: 15th
CALE CONLEY, No. 14 IAVA Toyota Camry, TriStar Motorsports
Finishing Position: 16th
DAVID STARR, No. 44 Zachry Toyota Camry, TriStar Motorsports
Finishing Position: 20th
DANIEL SUAREZ, No. 18 ARRIS Toyota Camry, Joe Gibbs Racing
Finishing Position: 23rd
CARL LONG, No. 13 Braille Battery/Grafoid Toyota Camry
Finishing Position: 26th
ERIC MCCLURE, No. 24 Hefty Toyota Camry, JBL Racing
Finishing Position: 29th
TJ BELL, No. 26 Toyota Camry, JGL Racing
Finishing Position: 35th
JEFF GREEN, No. 19 Premier Barter Exchange Toyota Camry, TriStar Motorsports
Finishing Position: 39th
BLAKE KOCH, No. 8 LeafFilter Gutter Protection Toyota Camry, TriStar Motorsports
Finishing Position: 40th