Team Penske/Brad Keselowski Fast Facts
Auto Club Speedway
· Auto Club Speedway (ACS) opened in 1997 as part of Roger Penske’s race track portfolio that also included Michigan International Speedway, Nazareth Speedway, and part ownership of Homestead-Miami Speedway and North Carolina Motor Speedway
· On January 10, 1997, Team Penske driver Paul Tracy became the first driver to turn laps at ACS
· In 1999, Roger Penske merged his racetrack assets with International Speedway Corporation, using the liquidity to start Penske Automotive Group (PAG). PAG is now the second-largest car dealer group in the world.
· On October 28, 2000, Team Penske driver Gil de Ferran set the track speed record by turning a lap of 241.428 mph in qualifying for the INDYCAR race at the facility. It remains the fastest lap ever recorded during a race weekend.
· Team Penske drivers have made 57 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series starts at ACS, with Jeremy Mayfield (2000 for Penske-Kranefuss), Rusty Wallace (2001) and Brad Keselowski (2015) scoring the three wins in team history at the track.
· In 17 NASCAR XFINITY Series start, Team Penske has amassed six top-five finishes and 10 top-10 results.
· In 2015, Keselowski scored his only win of the season at ACS to qualify for the Chase for the Championship.
· Keselowski will be inducted into the ACS Walk of Fame at 1 pm PT on Friday afternoon.
· Keselowski will be in the FS1 booth on Saturday for the NASCAR XFINITY Series race where the former series champion will offer his insights
· While en route to Fontana, Calif. for this weekend’s Auto Club 400 race – a race that he won last season – Brad Keselowski made a pit stop in Byrdstown, Tenn. on Thursday to unveil the paint scheme for the No. 22 Fitzgerald Glider Kits Ford Mustang, a new partnership for Team Penske in the NASCAR XFINITY Series (NXS). While there he signed autographs for employees, participated in a Q&A session and gave the people in attendance a taste of what an NXS car sounds like up close by revving the engines. Use the below link to access video from the event
· As a part of Team Penske’s 50th Anniversary in 2016, the infield grass at ACS will feature the 50th Anniversary logo. Fans can submit their favorite Team Penske moments online using the hashtag #Penske50